autocross solo 2 tires camber setup

MSPM1cheLe

DRVRMOD
:
2010 BMW 135i
sooooo whats the best?!?!?! i need all input

i am looking to continue autocrossing, i have been for about a year and a half now.

I was wondering if you guys could tell your camber and such

Also i am looking for some new rubber. Last season i ran with the kuhmo victoracer 700s. i was imprssed by them but now i think i would like to move on to bigger and better, but im not quite sure what that would be...
advice please!!!!!

i was running the victoracers on my stock rims in the 225/45/17 size. the bit of rub doesnt make any problems, im running on tokico shocks and espilir springs.

anyway, please let me know if you can help me out, id like to get a good start off the new season

thanks

Are you working off of the stock adjustability or are you thinking about adding some additional camber plates/bolts. It makes a difference. If you can't get the optimal alignment from your equipment we'll have to compromise by changing the things that are adjustable...alignment/air pressure...

I ran mine in STX and installed cam bolts (14mm I think) for the front only and I was able to get -2.5 on the front and I ran 1/16" toe out. Rear alignment was kept stock. And I kept everything else stock too except for a bigger rear sway bar (21mm AWR).

The previous owner of my Speed was running in DS with a staggered tire set-up on stock sized Kazera mags with 5mm extra offset as per the SCCA rules, with the Speed OEM aligment +1/16" toe out up front.
He was using A3SO5 Hoosiers 245/40-17 up front and 225/45-17 in the back.
His co-driver was able to trophy at Topeka in 2005 with that set-up.

I have driven my car for 1 event on that set-up and it was a charm. I was just 1 seconde off the ex-owner's time on my last run. The super co-driver lost us in the dust.

By the way. If Justin is who I think it is. I think we met at the Nationals in Topeka.

Last edited:
Yea...that's me. You were the yellow STX MSP last year right? You guys were paddocked just up the hill from us. It was good talking to you. Hopefully we'll see you there again this year.

Gobbracing said:
The previous owner of my Speed was running in DS with a staggered tire set-up on stock sized Kazera mags with 5mm extra offset as per the SCCA rules, with the Speed OEM aligment +1/16" toe out up front.
He was using A3SO5 Hoosiers 245/40-17 up front and 225/45-17 in the back.
His co-driver was able to trophy at Topeka in 2005 with that set-up.

How much rubber did you have to scrub off the wheel wells when you bought the car? I talked with the prior owner/co-driver a few times at 05 nationals and at the devens tour in 06.

moxnix said:
How much rubber did you have to scrub off the wheel wells when you bought the car? I talked with the prior owner/co-driver a few times at 05 nationals and at the devens tour in 06.

None. Just a slightly worn-out plastic shield where the tires rubbed, but not much. I was even surprised when I inspected the car before buying it.

At the event or did you go at the same drivers meeting? Lol!

Gobbracing said:
None. Just a slightly worn-out plastic shield where the tires rubbed, but not much. I was even surprised when I inspected the car before buying it.

At the event or did you go at the same drivers meeting? Lol!

I am also surprised to hear that. I might have to try out that combo when I get my car running again if they were not rubbing as bad as I thought instead of the 225/40/17 hoosiers.

I was at the event.

moxnix said:
I am also surprised to hear that. I might have to try out that combo when I get my car running again if they were not rubbing as bad as I thought instead of the 225/40/17 hoosiers.

I was at the event.

The only time that the tires rubbed was at full lock, which is rarely encountered, even when I ran in STX. Don't forget that I'm not running on the original Racing Hart wheels. I've got 5mm more offset with my Kazeras.

Next time you meet the Quebec gang at a National Tour event.
Go with them at their drivers meeting. A lot of fun(naughty) !

Last edited:
I ran camber bolts in the upper holes only and was able to get -2.4 all the way around. If you used then top and bottom, you could get quite a bit more. -2.4 was a bit much for the rear though, for Caster I ended up with about 2 degrees positive IIRC (just be sure this is absolutely equal on both sides.) You can get this by turning the upper perches. If it is not equal, the car will pull, and in turns, the car will dive faster into turns that are to the sane side as the higher amount of caster. It's better to set them right them adjust turn in with toe and rear shock rebound.

Britt

Back