New clutch

puck-ccm.jpg

It's ok, man. Where are you from? I know a couple of great, cheap shops down here in Orange County if you're from Socal. You can get an OEM replacement for about $150 if you can't afford a performance clutch. The stock clutches actually work pretty well for hard driving, they just don't last as long. (dunno)

OK, Kristen. I've read this entire thread as you had suggested and am left VERY confused.
1) You blew the clutch. OK.
2) You talked about replacing w/a higher performance model to handle 300+hp. OK.
3) You talk about replacing the flywheel w/a lighter one along w/replacing the clutch. OK.
4) While you're at it, you want to replace the brake lines w/SS ones. OK.
5) You found a site that explains and advises clutch selection. OK

How did you get from there to selling the car???

You don't say but it sounds like you have an older Miata and the mods are @ a minimum. If that's the case, I'd say you're on the right track. A stage 1 clutch will gove you what you seem to be looking for. Stage 2 will give you a "puck" clutch which tend to chatter and are not smooth engaging.
That said, I personally don't have a clue who this comapny is, what their products and service are like, but... BEWARE OF eBay for hard parts. Ya' just never know what you're gonna get.

wrd.

Try to not mod your car with ebay, bad news bears. There have been a few referenced in this thread ( I think ). If not..

www.miatamania.com
www.good-win-racing.com

Check some of those sites and see if they have anything you might like. I haven't exactly looked at these for your particular year, etc, but I go to their sites often to look at parts and I know I've been there a few times with the clutch issue.

this is whats in my NB:
http://www.racingbeat.com/resultset.asp?PartNumber=52501

tho since your NB is a 1.6L, I don't know if its the same parts or not... you may want to try emailing anyone you order from first...

and I, too try to stay away from ebay knockoffs for critical components... unless its a verifiable name brand with a good rep...

the cheap $10 shock tower mounts i had no problem getting on ebay... but anything critical... noo...

well, i sort of take that back, i got my shocks on ebay... but they were kyb agx's for $150 for the whole set... couldn't pass up that price, ehe... and they were brand new in the box...

but they were a reputable name brand, and specific part#, not just listed as "47 different cars and miatas and some tractors super awesome shocks of doom! with this order you get a FREE electric supercharger!" like 90% of the listings on ebay, hehe

Last edited:
thnx people for your advises. i found another listing for exedy disc: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
which is well known brand but the seller has only 29 feedback. although it says genuine exedy i have no idea.

p.s most companies dont have cluch for my engine, and i can order only from europe cause U.S.A is a little bit far and the cost for shipping would be over $150

edit:R2s99zoom
i think the disc you have on your car is the same with the above listing :D

Last edited:
yeas but isnt that illegal? wouldn't be strange someone with over 1000 positive feedback being a fraud? excuse me if those questions sound naive, i'm kinda new at e-bay.

Back