problem with my trunk latch button?

snooky

:
Mazdaspeed6 GT
when i press the button, the latch doesnt auto open, what should i do, figured id ask b4 going and bitching to Mazda

snooky

What "button" are you talking about?? The only way I can get into my trunk is by unlocking the doors and using the handle above the liscense plate.

TheMAN said:
did you check the trunk lock out button at the glovebox?

i dont see any button by the glove box?
i called mazda they said i should have a yellow or white switch on my trunk latch, and that i just need to switch it off, but i literaly inspected my trunk like crazy all i see is the glow in the dark emergeny trunk thingy..?

jdub260 said:
What "button" are you talking about?? The only way I can get into my trunk is by unlocking the doors and using the handle above the liscense plate.

on th GT is comes with the smart key thing, and theres buttons on the handels that auto unlock the car when you push it.

could be locked

You can lock the trunk two ways with the smart key on the gt model. The first method involves the key and should be obvious. The second requires you to hold the request button (the ruba nub) for 3 seconds. Try that and then push the button again, see if that works.(blowup)

So let me get this right, if I hold my smart key in my pocket and then press and hold the smart button on the trunk for 3 seconds the trunk should automatically pop open?

I can't verify the 3-second trick but here are my observations on opening the trunk with the smart key...

If all doors are locked you can press the smart key button by the trunk once to unlock all doors and the trunk.

If all doors are locked you can press the passenger side smart key button once to unlock all doors and the trunk.

If all doors are locked you can press the drivers side smart key button TWICE to unlock all doors and the trunk.

If you only press the drivers side smart key button ONCE you cannot unlock the trunk unless you a) lock the doors using the drivers side smart key button again and press it TWICE to unlock all doors and the trunk, b) press the unlock button on the inside of the drivers door, c) use your key.

The above scenario is a PITA because often times I press the drivers side smart key button ONCE to unlock the door and then I drive to my destination. I get out of the car and go to open the trunk but it is locked. I have tried to press the smart key button by the trunk but it will not unlock the trunk even if I press it several times. Next time this happens I will try holding it for 3 seconds.

TheJohnny said:
So let me get this right, if I hold my smart key in my pocket and then press and hold the smart button on the trunk for 3 seconds the trunk should automatically pop open?

It wont pop open , but you will hear a noise (motor and mechanical noise). Then you can pull up on the handle.

press the drivers side smart key button ONCE to unlock the door and then I drive to my destination. I get out of the car and go to open the trunk but it is locked. I have tried to press the smart key button by the trunk but it will not unlock the trunk even if I press it several times.

Just make sure you press unlock on the inside panel before you get out. Also the request buttons will not work if, any door is open or there is a smart key in the car.

The button holding trick (3 sec.) only prevents the trunk from auto unlocking every time you press master unlock (inside). The lockout feature is easily engaged accidentaly. with the doors closed; play with it, smart key outside,
press&hold trunk button 3 sec. After you hear the electro-mechanical noises you must press trunk req. button again (press&release) sometimes twice to unlock trunk.

Last edited:
press the drivers side smart key button ONCE to unlock the door and then I drive to my destination. I get out of the car and go to open the trunk but it is locked. I have tried to press the smart key button by the trunk but it will not unlock the trunk even if I press it several times.
That is exactly what I'm talking about...however it seems to work for me now. I think it only happens when one of the doors is open.

snooky said:
i went to mazda today, they think its electrical :(

Did this turnout to be an electrical issue?

If I press the lock/unlock button on the drivers side door twice, the trunk is unlocked. Or, if I press the lock/unlock button on the passenger door, the trunk is unlocked. But, if I press the lock/unlock button on the trunk, nothing happens (if locked, nothing is unlocked. if unlocked, nothing will lock).

fraz_bb said:
Did this turnout to be an electrical issue?

If I press the lock/unlock button on the drivers side door twice, the trunk is unlocked. Or, if I press the lock/unlock button on the passenger door, the trunk is unlocked. But, if I press the lock/unlock button on the trunk, nothing happens (if locked, nothing is unlocked. if unlocked, nothing will lock).

mazda had my car for 48 hrs when that happened to me, and the only conclusion they came up with was, that the cold weather disrupted thecurent... i think its bull, but when the gave the car back to me it started working again.. 2weeks later stopped, week after that back to normal, hasnt messed up yet...

u can expect lil problems like these when you has lil gadgets and gismos on your car...

good luck bro

Back