MS3 gets first scratches

maestro

:
Mazdaspeed 3
Had an oil change coupon, I provided the filter so they honored the $20 coupon, even at 6 qts. Cool so far just in time for it's first oil change.
I picked up the car a little while ago and found multiple scratches on the passenger side fender and 1 on the drivers side fender. interestingly enough a few of them rise to the inside of the fender and stop. None on the hood.

At first glance I know several of these will not buff out and even if they did it would significantly reduce the clearcoat in those areas. I utter as many curses as I can quickly come up with and try to calm myself as I walk back into the office.
Manager please.
The guy says he is gone for the weekend, can he help me.
Fine. I tell him about the scratches and he replies he doesn't know anything about it. No kidding, not to many people, if any, would reply "yeah I know, we were hoping you wouldn't notice."
He tells me they use fender covers on all the cars. Please hold on a moment while I get the tech.
The tech doesn't know how it happened, he used a fender cover. Maybe they were there and I did not notice them earlier.
I tell the guy I saw 2 cars with hoods up and no fender covers. I can still see a Chevy back there with no fender cover and the hood up, why should I believe you did? I point out that several scratches stop right before the hood, coincidence? Look at the bottom of the covers. Even if one was used they can get debris on the underside if not taken care of properly or thrown around. The guy says he can refer the matter to the manager and he will call me Monday.
I want this in writing. I tell the guy I want him and the tech to sign my work order below the notes I had made. All done.
(smash)
I want to freakin' kick someone. I stop buy a body shop on the way home and get an estimate. He thinks the car is new enough blending should not be needed. I have my doubts on the Black Mica but he may be right. The quote is almost $1200. I thank him and head home to call my insurance agent.
I left a message with some details and a request to call me Monday. I tried to take pictures but either I'm a retard or my camera sucks, too much glare to see them.
Now I am just pissed, bordering on depressed and hostile.
Damn it!! This is not the way to start a good weekend. (pissed)

Sorry to hear that man, I would have gone ape s***. I would try getting it buffed out, that sucks and that is why I don't take my car to places that do cheap oil changes at least they didn't screw up your engine.

The shop, not an oil change and wipers type Jiffy Lube, actually looked quite clean and organized and is not that small. The coupon was given to be by someone that had some work done there and they told me a good job had been done.
Anyway my 3 is scratched up.
Signed all the papers and sold my part of a business this morning so tonight I can get looped and worry about it Monday.
At least I am happy about being unemployed now.

3M Perfect-It III will get most scratches out by hand with several applications. Don't try to get them all out at once. Patience is called for. Follow it up with some Meguairs #82 Swirl remover on a foam pad and your done. That's the process I have used several times on my Black Mica paint.

DAWIV said:
3M Perfect-It III will get most scratches out by hand with several applications. Don't try to get them all out at once. Patience is called for. Follow it up with some Meguairs #82 Swirl remover on a foam pad and your done. That's the process I have used several times on my Black Mica paint.

Thanks. Problem is I can see primer, or metal, in a couple of the scratches.

Yah I have a few but thats what happens when you drive it and don't keep it garaged. If it didn't happened there it would happened on the highway from semi trucks that spit up sand and gravel, or women that scrape their purses along the side at the grocery store. Sorry man I feel your pain, Our cars will never be as nice as the day we drove them off the lot.

Back