best brake pads for the mazda 3

808Mazda3

:
Mazda 3 HB
best brake pads for the mazda 3 ***Update***

Looking at what brake pads i should get to replace my stock ones. The rear pads are needing to be replace in about 6 months i am guessing since i took it to the dealership last week and the stats was yellow, and just looking to see what people are using, and what is the best out there.. thanks for the help

Update**** Gone with Hawk HPS, and loving it.. The wife says it brakes alot better.. Thanks guys..

Last edited:
I just upgraded to Power Slot rotors front/rear and Hawk HPS street pads and am happy with the feel of the pads... They come highly rated and are reasonably priced....

yeah I've had Hawk HPS pads on my protege5 before, they were the best pads I've ever used. Takes alot to make them fade and they have sooo much stopping power it was incredible over stock pads. Don't know how much damage they did to the rotors as I did not have them for long (sold the car)

I too am looking to upgrade my brake pads.

My local shop has Monroe premium ceramics on sale, but I've also heard good things about Hawk HPS pads. Sure the Hawk's are about 50% more than the Monroe's, but do they stop you faster, last longer than the monroes( or any other OEM type replacements)?

In other words, are they worth the extra money?

Usually more money equals more quality, but It all depends on what you want and how much green you got.

We offer the Posi Quiet Ceramics which is better than the Hawk HPS (Tested by Stoptech) This is a low dusting/noise brake pad.

If you wanted something more aggressive, we offer the Axxis Ultimate Ceramics.

Last edited:
I had the AXXIS Ultimates on the WRX and loved them...They were a high dust pad though....
After more than a month on the Hawk HPS Im still extremely happy with them...

Back