Camber plates for the MSP

camerazn

:
Hello Kitty MSP #660
Okay, I must be bad at the search function on this forum.

I read that the AWR camber plates won't work with the stock MSP shocks. Because I'm lazy, don't fully understand the terminology, and don't know where to look, I can't tell if the supplied bushings (quoted below) would fit. Does anybody know (a) about the AWR plates, and (b) if there are any other plates that would work with stock shocks and aftermarket shocks?

I'm very sorry if this is repost. Mods, feel free to flog me as necessary, as long as I get a link to the answer.

AWR Front Camber Caster Kits said:
Allows for adjustment of front Camber and Caster on 1999-2003 Protege and Protege5. Supplied with bushings to allow the use of Bilstein P30 series or other aftermarket shocks with .560 inch shaft size, and also downsized .500 inch bushings.

The Delsing camber plates will work with Tokico struts, but they aren't made anymore.

The AWRs might be able to work with the stock struts, but at the very least a threaded insert will have to be made and possibly a spring perch. The spherical bearing AWR uses has too large of a bore for the Tokico struts, and the Tokicos have a very short threaded shaft at the top.

Back