• gunmetal w/ satin

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • black w/ satin

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters

redpr5

:
2002 Protege5
a guy came up into the stereo shop i work part time at today and was talkin about his shop. he does everything from body work to paint and powdercoating. he said he could do my stock wheels for $50 a wheel (which is damn good for the quality he gives)
so what would you do, gunmetal or black
and would you do a satin finish or high gloss?

2xsess said:
If you do this please let me know how they turn out and if it's good pm me the shop info.
will do man. will do. he brought in some samples (wrenchs he powdercoated) and he uses the wrenches everyday and the color doesnt come off. the place is called exotics inc, theyre in winston.
www.exotics-inc.com

IMO, a lot of this all depends upon the color of the car, style of rim, ride height, purpose of vehicle, etc. Those are all good choices....for different situations.

i12drivemyMP5 said:
IMO, a lot of this all depends upon the color of the car, style of rim, ride height, purpose of vehicle, etc. Those are all good choices....for different situations.
stock 02 wheels. 1.5" drop. car is red. im just looking for opinions cuz i think both colors would look nice, but i figured id see what the forum thinks

The stock P5 looks weird with the rims so far inset from the fenders. Get some wheel spacers while you're at it.

I would be interested in which way you decide to go.....I also have a red 02 p5 and was thinking about getting the stock wheels painted black but now I am thinking about gunmetal as well. I am undecided....Either way you go, post some after pics.....

JoshP5 said:
The stock P5 looks weird with the rims so far inset from the fenders. Get some wheel spacers while you're at it.

Be careful to not go to far out or if you are lowered you will be rubbing and not in a good way.

im not lowered yet, but i will be soon. ill consider spacers but im not sure yet.
im def considering gunmetal with the high gloss. but im not sure yet.
use the poll!! lol

altspace said:
Im thinkin more towards the salmon color. (bump)

I can kind of get an idea of the colors but it would be a good idea if maybe you could post them up on here.

Just an Idea.

AKYellow said:
Im thinkin more towards the salmon color. (bump)

I can kind of get an idea of the colors but it would be a good idea if maybe you could post them up on here.

Just an Idea.
yea, ill see what i can do about that. hopefully i can find some samples on the companys website
EDIT: i just checked the website and they dont have any colors posted up yet.

My vote went for the gunmetal w/high gloss. I haven't seen any stockers in a gunmetal finish. If the shop could do it, what about a hyperblack stocker?!

RedHotP5 said:
My vote went for the gunmetal w/high gloss. I haven't seen any stockers in a gunmetal finish. If the shop could do it, what about a hyperblack stocker?!
hmm, hyperblack would be hella nice as well. didnt even think of that one. and yea i can almost bet they do hyperblack. ill have to call there and talk to him. id like to see some samples of black, gunmetal, and hyperblack.

redpr5 said:
hmm, hyperblack would be hella nice as well. didnt even think of that one. and yea i can almost bet they do hyperblack. ill have to call there and talk to him. id like to see some samples of black, gunmetal, and hyperblack.

I have always liked hyperblack on the c-red...can't wait to read what they can do.

Back