Interior Lighting

MFive

:
2007 Mazda5 Touring
A quick survey to see if anyone has changed their dome light (above second row) to something a bit less offensive to say... a sleeping baby?! Would like to go to a softer light or different color (blue/red).

I changed the map reading lights to yellow. They do seem to be a little less harsh than the stocks. Did it mainly to match my yellow car though.
05d348d752ac.jpg

mazdaspeed777 said:
I changed the map reading lights to yellow. They do seem to be a little less harsh than the stocks. Did it mainly to match my yellow car though.
05d348d752ac.jpg
Mazda5 not Protege5.

That being said, I had an LED lightbulb in there for a little while but I didn't like it. If you're going for a lighter bulb I would think that any of the cheap painted bulbs would do fine for you...since the paint cuts the light output. Maybe try a red bulb since red light seems to be easier on the eyes.

the_saint said:
Mazda5 not Protege5.

That being said, I had an LED lightbulb in there for a little while but I didn't like it. If you're going for a lighter bulb I would think that any of the cheap painted bulbs would do fine for you...since the paint cuts the light output. Maybe try a red bulb since red light seems to be easier on the eyes.

Same thing. He just wanted some interior lighting suggestions so thats not really a model specific question. Sorry for thinking that other models can actually help other mazda owners. So to get back onto toppic if your going to choose red or blue I would deffinately go with the red. Blue is a more piercing color.

Last edited:
Picked up some bulbs at AutoZone yesterday. They are blue and do the job we wanted perfectly, very muted so not nearly as blinding as the stock whites. They definitely add a "cool" factor as well. I've got an extra one, anyone want it?! (cabpatch)

Anyone consider hyperwhite bulbs, i'd liek to get some for my interior and for my rear plate. anyone know where to get this?

atito said:
Anyone consider hyperwhite bulbs, i'd liek to get some for my interior and for my rear plate. anyone know where to get this?

I don't think they make hyperwhite bulbs for the dome lights. But if they did try ebay or any local parts store. Good luck, let us know if you find anything.

mazdaspeed777 said:
I don't think they make hyperwhite bulbs for the dome lights. But if they did try ebay or any local parts store. Good luck, let us know if you find anything.

Thanks, i have them in my Audi A4 now and i love them. jsut wanted to get this for the Mazda 5. I'll let you guys know what i find out there.

Thanks for the link. Wife has the 5, do you know which light bulbs the 5 uses for the reading lights? I like LEDs.

Back