Damage. Need HELP!

i hit the curb pretty hard, and now my toe and my camber is knocked off positively, even to the naked eye. i need an alignment and????

It sounds like you may have damaged your control arm. Have a look at it and note any deformation.

Maybe a new Bearing if you shock it hard enough. We had a Spicy Orange come in for an inspection. The guy hit a curb hard on his driver side rear Wheel and had to replace the wheel bearing... Too bad he damaged those nice Racing Harts

i dont think the control arm cud of bent. the wheel was turned. and was parrallel to the curb. its either the strut, strut tower, or bearings. im gonna check sure to see if its really going in and out, and then it wud have 2 b bearings. wer cud i find camber plates that mount to the tower to just over ride it? i cud just get an alignment and ignore the camber till later, or get it all fixed first?

red99pro said:
i dont think the control arm cud of bent. the wheel was turned. and was parrallel to the curb. its either the strut, strut tower, or bearings. im gonna check sure to see if its really going in and out, and then it wud have 2 b bearings. wer cud i find camber plates that mount to the tower to just over ride it? i cud just get an alignment and ignore the camber till later, or get it all fixed first?

first off, pet peeve. don't say "cud" that sounds like something nasty that my belly button produces....

check and make sure the wheel bearings aren't shot before you take it in. simple test, jack the car up, grab the top and bottom of the wheel and move in and out in the 'camber' direction. if it moves thats your problem. i'm guessing it is. no sense in wasting time getting an alignment when they will just tell you "sorry bud your wheel bearing is shot. that will be $500 please."

i can do an alignment at school myself...if its not the bearings then i could* start with the hub, and just start replacing s***.

have you driven it since hitting the curb? does it make noises? does it shake or pull really hard?

believe me i am the king of hitting curbs (last winter in minnesota with summer rain tires) i hit a curb twice and bent my control arm the first time and the tie-rod the second. so its very possible

i jus checked the bearings. it doesnt ratle or move much, but it slightly clicks as i move it back and forth. i dont know about shaking, it does pull. but the toe is: left wheel straight right wheel pointing out a bit. steering wheel: 45 degrees to the left in order to drive straight. the whole wheel cud also be out more? i hadnt tore it completely down to the hub n what not yet.

you mean the tie rod end, or the whole thing?

Last edited:
I think he meant he bent his actual tie rod. It's a possiblity, along with breaking the tie rod end, however, bending the control arm is a more likely possiblity. If you need any spare parts, drop me a line because auto recyclers will not sell just tie rods or tie rod ends-- only complete steering racks.

???i said whole thing twice. the first time was the whole wheel being out, and the other was for the whole rod. so i shud replace the control arm first?

well take off the wheel and use a flash light to look around. even if you know very little about cars you should see something wrong (bent)

lol theres no way im finna tear down all that shi again. theres nothing dat pix cud do. the only thing that can be seen is the uglyness of the wheel pointed out. the camera may not even pic this up. i put the stockies back on, and there is more vibration. im gonna let some "proffessional" look at it.(lurk)

Back