Shift knob... leather?

mb011b

Is this shift-knob that mazda puts out leather? Most of the ads don't mention it but some of the ads about the GT say it has leather shift knob. So... is this the standard shifter in the GT? Is this one leather?

07_CX7_AutoShifterLarge.jpg

BTW, if you want the leather steering wheel, check eBay. Plenty of those floating around for cheap.

jmhumr said:
BTW, if you want the leather steering wheel, check eBay. Plenty of those floating around for cheap.

Can you please send me a ebay link for one. I cannot find one at all for the CX7- MX-5 a friend wants one. Thanks!

Last edited:
How about a group buy on the leather swift leather? i bet we could get enough people here on the forum to get one going.

Been checking shift knobs for automatics online.....not thrilled with many of them since I already have the GT one... nice leather/silver one. I want a cool looking one for about $40 or so. I have yet to see the one with the Mazda word on it that I saw on a pic somewhere.

I am holding out for a good price on the GT knob but if you just want leather, it looks like the leather Mazda3 knob is the exact design as the CX7-Sport knob but in leather instead of the CX-7's plastic. That one seems to go for $30 on ebay.

MITZA said:
Can you please send me a ebay link for one. I cannot find one at all for the CX7- MX-5 a friend wants one. Thanks!

JA-ZUSS!!! I'll sell you the one off my GT for $90, providing it doesn't violate any forum rules, and use a tennis ball or something. Wonder if the VooDoo knob for my Miata will fit the -7? I'll have to check that out...

Seriously, why would you pay so much for something that adds no benefit? Yawant the chrome door handles off mine, too? Yagot Copper Red Mica handles to trade?

Last edited:
cruzdreamer said:
Been checking shift knobs for automatics online.....not thrilled with many of them since I already have the GT one... nice leather/silver one. I want a cool looking one for about $40 or so. I have yet to see the one with the Mazda word on it that I saw on a pic somewhere.

Send this guy:

www.knobmeister.com

an email. If he ain't got it, he can make it. No affiliation, etc. I'm packin' two license plate frames he made, and some other stuff, and he does a great job.

azcat said:
JA-ZUSS!!! I'll sell you the one off my GT for $90, providing it doesn't violate any forum rules, and use a tennis ball or something. Wonder if the VooDoo knob for my Miata will fit the -7? I'll have to check that out...

Seriously, why would you pay so much for something that adds no benefit? Yawant the chrome door handles off mine, too? Yagot Copper Red Mica handles to trade?

My friend was looking for a leather wrapped steering wheel not shift knob JA-ZUSS!!

Keep in mind that the reason the leather wheel is so much is that also has all the Bose system and cruise controls in it along with air bag...

Unless you do not wish these to function that is..

Back