Custom Performance Engineering's front mount intercooler kit

Prison said:
Is CP-E making a chip, or a tuning program? Does anyone know when its coming out?

We're developing a piggyback. A piggyback intercept sensor signals and conditions them to change the car's operating parameters, which results in more power when tuned properly. This also results in no loss of driveability or reliability since the changes are entirely software based.

We have our first install scheduled on Tuesday, and we'll be dynoing the car shortly thereafter. We'll be tuning a stock SPEED6, and the tune will represent our base optimized map. In other words, if we make 20awhp on the dyno, then anyone else who hooks the piggyback up and uploads our map to an otherwise stock SPEED6 should make 20awhp. So this will be a great upgrade for people who require uncompromising performance upgrades since the car will drive just like a stocker, until you mash the throttle.

If things go well at the dyno then we'll start releasing the piggyback to the public. So if things go as planned figure two weeks before you can order one for yourlsef. Retail should be around $600 for the wire-in model.

Jordan

www.cp-e.com said:
We're developing a piggyback. A piggyback intercept sensor signals and conditions them to change the car's operating parameters, which results in more power when tuned properly. This also results in no loss of driveability or reliability since the changes are entirely software based.

We have our first install scheduled on Tuesday, and we'll be dynoing the car shortly thereafter. We'll be tuning a stock SPEED6, and the tune will represent our base optimized map. In other words, if we make 20awhp on the dyno, then anyone else who hooks the piggyback up and uploads our map to an otherwise stock SPEED6 should make 20awhp. So this will be a great upgrade for people who require uncompromising performance upgrades since the car will drive just like a stocker, until you mash the throttle.

If things go well at the dyno then we'll start releasing the piggyback to the public. So if things go as planned figure two weeks before you can order one for yourlsef. Retail should be around $600 for the wire-in model.

Jordan
(cabpatch)

ive just come from the mustang community where i was making over 400rwhp out of a supercharged 02 Mustang GT. I traded it in for an MS6 and i am very mod hungry...hopefully you guys (CP-E) come out with a nice 400 awhp package that includes everything you need including tune. Cant wait!!

Prison said:
Well lets hope it put out alittle more then 20whp, ahahhahhaha

I hope it does too, but the last thing I want to do is mislead people by promising bogus dyno numbers to people. We're pretty realistic about the gains people should expect when installing our products.

I should also clarify something. The tune we're shooting for on Tuesday is going to build on the stock tune, but still be considered "safe" for daily drivers. This means that boost will probably be bumped up slightly, but not so much that you risk overspinning the turbo in high altitude environments. The timing will likley remain stock, or darn close to it due to the added boost, and the spotty gas quality around the country. The best gains will likely come from the air/fuel ratio, and we can richen it up from about 10:1 towards redline to 11.5:1 towards redline.

Now, if our end-user has access to 91 octane or better, lives in a cold climate, and wants to push the envelope a little bit, then they have full access to all the changes we're making. Want to try adding more boost to see what it feels like? Go ahead, but be forewarned that making changes without fully understanding the consequences could cost you your engine. But the point is, if you'd like to improve on our base tune to take advantage of the resources around you, then feel free! Just be sure to post your dyno :D

chriscecc914 said:
ive just come from the mustang community where i was making over 400rwhp out of a supercharged 02 Mustang GT. I traded it in for an MS6 and i am very mod hungry...hopefully you guys (CP-E) come out with a nice 400 awhp package that includes everything you need including tune. Cant wait!!

Gosh I hope so too. Next on our radar after the piggyback and the intercooler is a turbo upgrade and a tubular exhaust manifold. The turbo should be good for over 500hp, so maybe one day you'll give the guy you sold your Mustang to a run for his money (thumb)

buit9110 said:
can our tranny take 400awhp daily?

It probably could, it would really all depend on how nice you are to it. If you plan on doing 6000rpm clutch dumps (for instance (wiggle) ) with 400whp, then the answer is no. But I haven't heard of anyone whose blown up their transmission, so I guess we haven't reahced its power limits quiet yet. But this car is still pretty new, and there aren't any real high horsepower MS6's on the street yet, but give it time and I'm sure we'll find out soon.

Jordan

cp-e, would you consider a group buy price for when this kit is released? Im sure a lot of MS6 guys are patiently waiting to buy your kit and a group buy price would be great!

Well yeah let us know, im down to get it cheaper, ahahahhahaha always down for that. Rnt we all

twinturbo6 said:
I love you CPE. Are you hiring? I make a mean coffee!(brownnose

Hah, that depends on whether or not you require a salary ;)

If a few full throttle runs in a tuned, full bolt-on MS3 is payment enough, then you're hired!

Prison said:
So hows it looking so far guys? ;)

chriscecc914 said:
cp-e, would you consider a group buy price for when this kit is released? Im sure a lot of MS6 guys are patiently waiting to buy your kit and a group buy price would be great!

Prison said:
Well yeah let us know, im down to get it cheaper, ahahahhahaha always down for that. Rnt we all

Things are looking excellent! Our first beta tester, Jason, is on a business trip, but when he returns we're finally going to get some dyno numbers.

Another one of our testers has had success with our boost control, and he said that he was able to maintain 17psi to about 6200rpm. But that's when the throttle shuts down, so there isn't much you can do about it save for controlling the throttle (coming soon...).

We're basically ready to release the Standback to everybody, so we're putting together the html to get everything on our website. We're going to reconevene tomorrow and then I'll know more about when everyone can start purchasing our Standback.

As far as a group buy, I imagine that one of our vendors, either Street Unit or the RPM Store will offer some kind of group buy eventually. It'll probably come down to how fast we can produce these things. If we can make them fast enough, then I think we'll start offering incentives.

More to come! (drive)

Jordan

can't wait by the way jordan, my tranny blew! is gettting fix at the moment, all that track time came back and got me in the a$$ LOL well the EMS is working great, my car is in the shop waiting for the clucth flywheel comvo to arrive 1-4 gear got chewed up because the shift cables where not correctly set up. so well i guess il be ready for more track time once i get he FMIC and CATBACK my car should be ready this week hopefully i can get the priceless shippment from you guys soon!

MS6mike said:
can't wait by the way jordan, my tranny blew! is gettting fix at the moment, all that track time came back and got me in the a$$ LOL well the EMS is working great, my car is in the shop waiting for the clucth flywheel comvo to arrive 1-4 gear got chewed up because the shift cables where not correctly set up. so well i guess il be ready for more track time once i get he FMIC and CATBACK my car should be ready this week hopefully i can get the priceless shippment from you guys soon!

*Sorry to go off topic*

How tranny blow? How many times you run to the track? How many miles on car? What kind of launches are you doing?

-C

well i went to the track like 30 times LOL but the problem was the shifter linkage where not set up correctly and was not geting 3rd in completly so it made 3rd have uneven wear, so i can't shift to 3rd now, i just found that was the problem today but before i tought it was a driving error or something!

Were you power shifting? If any gear was to have problem..i would suspect 2nd to be the issue.

G/L with your build up of the tranny..maybe want to look into cryo treating the tranny to hold big hp!

Back