Carbon Fiber Hatch

Also for those who want to get it and don't have the money, you can finance it. I have the finance company paper work I can e-mail or send you thru fax and you fax it to the finance company and they will give you word back an hour after you submitted the paperwork to them. But again let me know first so then I can let Antoine know so he is ok with the Group buy.

Diehonda said:
I would be interested, not sure how soon you are planning for this to take off but I would like more information.

What type of weave?
Overall weight compared to a stock hatch?
Does it come with the lexan/glass windshield?
Is there an option for either one vs all of them being the same?
Will it have the stock moldings above the license plate and inside handle?
Will it still take a rear windshield wiper?
How is the inside of the hatch framed? Will it decrease the survival rate if the car is rear ended?

No emblems right?

?

Doesn't seem very informative.

The carbon fiber hatch will be just like the factory hatch with the body lines, etc. As weight goes it hasn't been made yet to know the weight. Yes, you can use your wiper in the rear and it will have the handle also. I won't be able to find out color of weave until tomorrow. But the type of weave is grade
A.
Diehonda said:
?

Doesn't seem very informative.

EMPIRE said:
It can be done but the company won't guarantee that the glass will be in one piece when it gets shipped because of it might get cracked in the shipping process. But if you do want it and everyone else then it can
happen you'll just be taking a risk.

Cracked(uhm)
Lexan is way stronger than tempered glass and lighter also. That stuff is super strong, I've cut through it with a circular saw, a reciprocating saw, and a drill, and its super strong and hard to get through. NASCAR uses lexan exclusively for all of their glass, and I've seen them crash at 150+mph and the glass was still intact.

So I doubt that it will crack or break into more than one piece during shipping.

Lexan for added weight redux.
Def a must. Weight savings on this should be substantial.

EMPIRE said:
It can be done but the company won't guarantee that the glass will be in one piece when it gets shipped because of it might get cracked in the shipping process. But if you do want it and everyone else then it can
happen you'll just be taking a risk.

yeah I did a window on my computer case using some nice green-tint lexan from GE. and yeah I took a circular saw to it to mount some fans and it took it like a champ, much better than plexiglass

is this back window going to be made of lexan or glass? i think it would look better with glass. if you can get the price to $500 then i am definitly down. i would want to take a look at it first, but once i saw a photo of the actual product, i would send the money.

I heard that the only problem with lexan is that it scratches easier than glass. Not that big of a problem on the rear hatch window though.

EMPIRE said:
The carbon fiber hatch will be just like the factory hatch with the body lines, etc. As weight goes it hasn't been made yet to know the weight. Yes, you can use your wiper in the rear and it will have the handle also. I won't be able to find out color of weave until tomorrow. But the type of weave is grade
A.

Thanks

I'm in for this if it's legit and I can see pics as well...I'm getting a CF hood and this would be the icing on the cake! Lexan would be the way to go, provided it'll pas MVI...the only thing I'm not sure of is how easy it would be to tint or would black lexan be an option?

Got word back today and for the question about colored weave for the hatch
is out the question unless everyone who gets one wants the same color they said. As for the glass I don't know how the weather is where everyone lives but if you have a dailydriver in the winter you want your back window to defrost to see. If you want the lexan than of course it will be an additional cost to you.

Back