Carbon Fiber Hatch

EMPIRE

IMG_3495.JPG

How many people are interested in getting a carbon fiber hatch for the MP5?

Last edited:
Quite a few long threads. FYI - It was never a full replacement, but rather an overlay.

i swear there is a thread around somewhere talking about making a full hatch with lexan windscreen....it was an authorized vendor too i believe

jadonP5 said:
i swear there is a thread around somewhere talking about making a full hatch with lexan windscreen....it was an authorized vendor too i believe

yes there was, we never got the amount of interest we had hoped for. ;)

EMPIRE said:
how much did you hope for?

atleast 10 confirmed sales, w/ deposits paid. Whenever interest is gauged there is always the factor of 1/2 dropping out once the time comes to purchase.

If the carbon fiber hatch would cost $500 price includes shipping how many people would seriously consider getting it?
IMG_3495.JPG

id consider it if it was only $500, but i have no idea who would sell it so cheap. its a complicated piece of the car, and to mold carbon fiber to match it would be very hard work. unless you could somehow get a copy of the original mold, which in itself would drive the cost of the actual carbon fiber hatch to at least $1000 before you tack on labor and materials. i dunno, i think a carbon fiber hatch cover would be more practical to produce than an entire hatch.

Right now I'm waiting on a company I'm doing projects with to give me a price on the build, and as soon as I get the cost's down packed I let everyone know. The thing is if more people want the hatch in carbon fiber The company will give it to me cheaper and that way I can get the cost down to $500. That's why I asked if anyone would seriously consider getting it.

id seriously consider it, but i have no money. college tuition, nuff said. but good luck to you on that. id like to see it.

I'd consider it.
Lexan too?
R u sure u can pull it off for that price?
You'd have to prove it

I'll prove it when I get the price quote tomorrow from the company.
Is there anything else that everyone would like to get made in carbon fiber?

I'd put money down that you are talking out of your ass or looking to scam people. I'll believe it when I see it and you would need to be an AV to really discuss anything further.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all I'm not talking out of my ass. And I know I'm not an AV. I was just asking to see if people are interested in getting it made. I already talked to
ANTOINE about getting myself on the forums as an AV. There isn't a scam here homeboy.
Mr. Win said:
I'd put money down that you are talking out of your ass or looking to scam people. I'll believe it when I see it and you would need to be an AV to really discuss anything further.

P.S. I puked in my mouth a little when I saw that model.

Back