Mazda rubber all weather floor mats = weak!

MD5

:
06 Carbon Gray Touring 5
Well, been meaning to post this for a while.

I bought my 5 back in April 2006, and in May, bought the set of rubber all-weather floor mats.

By December, I've worn a hole in the driver's side floor mat after 17k miles.

I like the way they look, but lasting just 8 months is utterly rediculous!

Anyone else wear out their floor mat?

yeah, OEM carpet mats should last easily past 50k-60k without holes. I can't imagine wearing through the rubber that fast. Not that it should matter, but what type of shoes do you wear?

I'd take it back to your dealership and see what they can do for you. That's pretty rediculous.

I wear tennis shoes (Nike Crosstrainers) or High Tech hiking sneakers mainly.

Nothing like heavy work boots that would do this.

I bought them from www.onlinemazdaparts.com

I seriously doubt if anyone would do anything about floor mats.

I have these mats and they look pretty sturdy to me. Not as sturdy as those on my Avalanche, but I can't see me wearing them out any time soon.

You sure you got OEM?

Samatikan said:
I have these mats and they look pretty sturdy to me. Not as sturdy as those on my Avalanche, but I can't see me wearing them out any time soon.

You sure you got OEM?

They came shipped in a Mazda box from a sponsor on this site (onlinemazdaparts.com). They look just like the mats I've seen pics posted of.

I don't see why they wouldn't be genuine Mazda....

Matt

Here's a pic of the driver's mat

Attachments

• DSC00202.JPG
    DSC00202.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 277
Notice how worn the mat is where my heels rest.

Here's a closer pic of the bigger hole:

Attachments

• DSC00200.JPG
    DSC00200.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 241
Some good news, I talked to Jason at onlinemazdaparts.com and he said that if I order a replacement set, he'd knock as much off that he could.

Unfortunatly they come as a set, so I can't order just one.

Matt

Yep, we've had them here for about 5 months - and the heel area is worn down just about flat... Not sure why the heck they are so soft - never seen ones wear down so darn quickly.

I give it another 5 months or less and you'll have a nice hole.

Matt

I've had mine what 6 months and I have a hole from my heel. I will go with the weathertech ones next.

Kid Red said:
I've had mine what 6 months and I have a hole from my heel. I will go with the weathertech ones next.

Never heard of them, got a link?

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks, looks like I'll have to order a set for the front. Seems like the kids aren't heavy enough to wear the back.

Matt

I've seen holes worn through 3 mats, but nothing else. I figured it was the owner/driver.
Technically though, ANY accessory installed by the dealer is covered for the remainder of the new vehicle warranty. Over the counter sold parts are 12 months 12,000 miles warrantied, provided you have the original invoice.
Weather or not (no pun intended!) they will deny your claim based on abnormal wear is up to the dealer, unfortunately.

MD5 said:
Here's a pic of the driver's mat

Does the hole coorelate to where you rest your heel on the mat? I was a bit worried about this problem, but noticed my heel rests in the middle of the "reinforced" area. Just wondering if it's coincidence or a mostly crappy mat.

i got the mazda oem rubber mats and mine are waering out where i rest my heel too!

do you think the dealer will replace them? i've only had mine for 5 months! and they cost $120 cdn

Back