Post YOUR mile times

Karma_hunden

:
'04 protege, then '05 mazda 3i, then '06 MS6 GT, now '10 RX8 R3
Post YOUR mile times

My best time was 13.98@97.86, stock.

Post your times and Mods if you have them or stock if you dont!!!

(wrc) (dance) (upbum)

what also might be good is how you drove. You know Launch RPM, slipt of clutch or dumping, and shifting RPMS.

Sadly my drag strip was closed for the season by the time I had my car broken in. Should be opening up in a few months and would love some tips.

wow that sucks. I kicked the gas around 4.8-5.5k rpms before launch, then when the three lights started to lgiht down, I slipted the clutch when the 3rd one lit up, and for the time the car launch, the green one went on. Shifts: 1-2nd @ 6200, 2-3rd @ 5900, 3-4k @ 5800, 4-5k 5800. The end.

read below....that was with CAI and a turboback with a stock CAT on a hot day...I couldve run a 13.7 that day but I only got 4 runs in....thats just a warm up.

Last edited:
Karma_hunden said:
wow that sucks. I kicked the gas around 4.8-5.5k rpms before launch, then when the three lights started to lgiht down, I slipted the clutch when the 3rd one lit up, and for the time the car launch, the green one went on. Shifts: 1-2nd @ 6200, 2-3rd @ 5900, 3-4k @ 5800, 4-5k 5800. The end.
dont take your foot off the gas...keep it buried and shift.

14.6 at 93.2, an example of what a bad driver can get in this car, this is my first standard ever, so i couldn't launch the car, on the plus side, i had a .58 reaction!

thats cool, yes, it takes time getting used to, but it should take you a 0.8-a second/mississipi one to slipt the clutch...

jcgemt, I personally dont do that because it destroys your tranny bad...im always doing clutch shipments for destroyed subies/evo trannys and other stuff...powershifting/flatshifting is not good...between that and NOS, i personally think is like cheating your way to the 1/4 mile. No offense intended though.

Karma_hunden said:

Thanks for the advice. I hear rumors that we may get her open next month. but I'm not sure. Can't wait to get there and try her out. I thought I read a few places that people say to ride out 4th gear?

also Semper Fi.

Yah, I heard that debate too about riding 4th gear or shifting to 5th, i personally just shift when it gets to 5800K...i find out while racing other cars at highspeed (in a "highway LEGAL track" hehe), when im riding 5th im even, but as soon as i shift to 6th it like i put a 25 shot of nos to the engine....the car really pulls away...so i figure it must be the same with the other shifts..so I shift. I personally think 13.9 is like the best you can do stock without powershifting the hell out of the poor clutch..but im sure some other people have gotten lower numbers w/o having to do that.

You in the Corps bro?

S/F

Last edited:
Karma_hunden said:
Yah, I heard that debate too about riding 4th gear or shifting to 5th, i personally just shift when it gets to 5800K...i find out while racing other cars at highspeed (in a "highway LEGAL track" hehe), when im riding 5th im even, but as soon as i shift to 6th it like i put a 25 shot of nos to the engine....the car really pulls away...so i figure it must be the same with the other shifts..so I shift. I personally think 13.9 is like the best you can do stock without powershifting the hell out of the poor clutch..but im sure some other people have gotten lower numbers w/o having to do that.

You in the Corps bro?

S/F
Cool good to know man. Sadly I hav't gotten into any races yet. Everybody thinks its a standard six. plus winter time in the midwest. Everybody had their race cars away.

I was in from 1997-2001, got out and now work for the Corps as a federal employee.

Yah winter sucks. Thats the good thing about the MS6, nobody races it, so you dont have an annoying kid always revving his civic on every light...YOU get to pick the races...for example, most of my races are because a car is hauling ass and I start to go faster, then he wants to go fast then I hit it and when he see my potential he slows down (either that or I let them know by flashing my hi-beams)...then 3-honks and its off!! lol Definatelly gotta love the face they make when they are beaten by a 'regular' 6.

Damn bro, you're old Corps lol

what MOS?

Yes luckily the ricers leave me alone. Sadly the only times I see nice cars is when my wife and kid are with me. So no racing with them in the car.

lol. I guess I'm old corps. I was a 4067, programmer, its a dead MOS now. Became the 06xx series.

Karma_hunden said:
thats cool, yes, it takes time getting used to, but it should take you a 0.8-a second/mississipi one to slipt the clutch...

jcgemt, I personally dont do that because it destroys your tranny bad...im always doing clutch shipments for destroyed subies/evo trannys and other stuff...powershifting/flatshifting is not good...between that and NOS, i personally think is like cheating your way to the 1/4 mile. No offense intended though.
none taken...I still run 13.8 without it but power shifiing gave me the lowest13.8 so I just figured F#K IT. why not give it another try...I hear what your sayn though.

14.6 at 99 mph with a pimp ass 2.55 60 ft. I didn't realise I left the TC on until half way down tyhe track. I only got to make one pass because the track was totally packed. A guy I work with runs high 13's in his srt-4 and he can't pull away from me from a 30 mph roll.. so I think I should be a be to cut at least 1~1.5 seconds off that 14.6 after I get a few passes under my belt.

These are Beltronics Vector FX-1 #'s not actual track times in case any of you are curious. My settings were taken from a MPS with a Vector FX-2 that was calibrated at a track.

1/4 mile: 13.2 @ 105.8 mph
1000ft: 11.05
1/8 mile: 8.53 @ 83.1 mph
330ft: 5.53
60ft: 1.88
0-60: 4.9

see my sig for mods.

Last edited:
MUSOM said:
(hmm) 13.2? hmmmmmm

If you surf the M6C forums you'll see my posts of previous runs throughut the buildup of my car. I Don't know why my sig isn't showing up here, but when i was stock i was running a best of 13.8 like most of the guys with a speed6 last spring when i first got the car. exhaust, cat-delete and CAI had me running a best of 13.5 by the fall. I finally adjusted the clutch and it dropped my best time to 13.3 just before winter when it started getting cooler. SU motor mount and cold weather finally got me to 13.2. mind you i've gotten more and more used to launching and shifting this car after about a year of owning it so i've become a better MPS driver at the same time as the mods making it easier to drive and adding power.

All these times have been with the Beltronics Vector FX with the same settings since day 1 so the relative testing tool has stayed constant.

Back