Hi everyone... just joined the MS3 family today

Mocoso

:
Mazda 07 MS3, Chevy 05 C6
Just bought a Silver MS3 today... first Mazda... cant wait till the breakin period is over with so I can trully see what this thing can do... I was looking for a sub 25K car that would be fun, practical, not a me too car, and would fit my two kids in the back and give me decent fuel economy. The MS3 really fits that shoe

Thought I wouls drop a note and say hi to everyone... I do have my 1st question: Corvette owners have a tradition known as the wave (you wave to any fellow corvette driver if you are in your vette) - Do Mazda owners have any whacky traditions I should be aware of?

Makes me feel good that a vette owner also likes the MS3! (thumb)

Welcome and Enjoy the Forums! (hi)

Welcome to the forums and the Mazda family!

Im not too sure about the wave, since there are quite a few out there.

I have noticed though that whenever I trying to change lanes/coming out of a driveway, it is usually a Mazda that stops for me or gives me the right-of-way.

who knows...

I'm not too sure about the wave thing, either.
I saw a black MS3 on my way to work on rte. 28 the other morning, so I pulled up next to him and waved. It was only my second time seeing another MS3 on the road, so I guess I was happy. The driver looked at me like he wanted to say, 'what does this psycho want from me?' >_<

Almost forgot to say, "welcome aboard!" *^_^*

Last edited:
MS3 to MS3 wave Sounds Normal..

MS3 to 91 Miata Might get shot!

I dont wave at MSP'ers though.. I Follow them.. till there in there driveways Shaking!

I RUN THESE STREETS BITCHS! hahahaha (quote from movies)

Good call on the purchase. I can't comment on the Mazda wave thing, but Mustang owners definitely do it.

i used to have an irocz, some of the other irocz people would wave at me and i would question their sexuality.

used to nod when riding my ninja to all other bikers though, that was not gay at all.

(peep)

no one has ever waved to me in my mazda 3 or speed 3, but I live i jersey where everyone wants to kill each other.

Welcome! if you wave at me then you will get a wave back. UNless its a one finger wave!

Thank you all for the warm welcome... guess Ill stick to a nod and making room for fellow MS3 drivers... wouldnt want a wave confused for a middle finger salute

when i see a fellow protege5 i usually give a quick honk. half the time theyre old and dont care if we have the same car.

dread said:
no one has ever waved to me in my mazda 3 or speed 3, but I live i jersey where everyone wants to kill each other.

Wow, sounds like Miami. Of course, here, I want to kill everybody.

Congrats!!
Great question about the wave. I was wondering the same thing. My hubby rode a GSXR for a while and they had a wave. But if he tried to wave to the Harleys they looked at him funny:)
He also has a 93 Cobra. The Mustang/Cobra drivers around here just try to out do each other, they have a stare and not a wave......

I haven't seen any other MS3's around here but mine...I was told I got the first one in the area....but that was a couple of months ago. I haven't had a chance to wave to anyone yet. I have had other Mazdas drive past and stare at me but no one waves. Bunch of stuck-ups around here. (jerkit)

Anyway, hope you have a blast with your new ride!!

Dunno about the wave here either...haven't seen any other MS3s around my neck of the woods.

Back