Owners of Previously Wrecked MSP's

:
2003.5 Ti MSP
Hey guys, I'm very close to buying one thats been hit in the front bumper area. No frame or suspension damage occurred and it was all repaired with factory parts. Supposedly it was done right and it drives perfectly (again, supposedly - have yet to drive it - the warranty is still intact and its NOT a rebuilt title. Its being checked out by a Dealership tomorrow to see what they say) - is there anyone on here that drives an MSP that has been previously hit and repaired? I'm concerned about the way the suspension will ride. . . Its so perfectly tuned from the factory I was wondering if anyone could tell a difference after theirs was hit. And yes I realize there is no WAY I could get a completely correct opinion from how other cars have been hit because car crashes are always different but I just want to know if anyone bought an MSP that had been previously hit and repaired or if they have had theirs hit and repaired. Thanks!

My car has been wrecked front and back and she handles as good as the day i drove her off the lot. and i put eibach sportlines on her too, kinda of bouncy but nice and low.

Bouncy, probably worn dampers. I had one that was wrecked in the front, it was a little twitchy when we first got it. It was repaired but I found it had a broken sway bar link in front and both were broken in the rear. After I replaced those the car felt fine, actually good. It depends where the car was repaired, form them using all factory parts then it should be agood repair shop but that's just what you were told. See if he has an invoice from the bdy shop.

Oh I see. I have been on cut sprints from day two on my personal car. It is getting bad after 50k miles on the bump stops almost.

i had about $9k in damage done to mine in a front end collision (no frame damage).....ummmmmmmm i guess its about the same really. there are some little things that have messed up on my car since then that i sorta credit towards the crash but nothing big and all repaired under warranty. car stil handles extremely tight.

oh, also, theres a small gap between the front bumper and the rest of the body (where it bolts on) - would I be able to fix this / tighten it up / remove the gap? Could a bodyshop do it? for a reasonably cheap price? Sorry, I dont know TOO much about cars and bodywork (I know bodywork is normally expensive), this would be my first.

My car was hit in the front in Texas. It was then shipped to Toronto and repaired here. SMIC was bent, hood, lights, grille where garbage. Broken endlink in the back. After all that, car runs Great! It has a rebuild title (any way I can remove that?) but it runs better then a new MSP.

Hope this helps.

2 years ago I bought one that was hit in the front and fixed it, no other sounds then what are already known. I'd say jump on it, lastweek I posted of one that was hit in the side i was going to buy. But my ass got to cheap and lost it to someone in quebec damn canadians(fu) . Just because I lost my car to one is all.... I could've had another MSP for around 7grand with 35k, now I kick myself in the ass everyday.......

lol that would suck i got mine with a rebuilt title. and alot of mechanical issues but my dad being the brain he is fixed it all in like no time once we found em.

Latest posts

Back