P5 owners w/ 17 or 18 inch wheels

wow, i am still freakin torn between 17's and 18's. i'll probly end up goin w/ 17's due to the fact that there's less chance of complication. now its just a matter of gettin the $$$ to get em.

18's RX-8

Some RX-8" Rims with 215/35/18 hankook Tires.

Attachments

• DSC00803.JPG
    DSC00803.JPG
    605.8 KB · Views: 1,875
  • DSC00804.JPG
    DSC00804.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 654
  • DSC00805.JPG
    DSC00805.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 385
Andres said:
18" G-Racing SEKI, 215 / 35 tires.
Spoolin 2" springs.
Ride is nice and tight, not harsh or hard.
Such low profile tires require KNOWING the streets you drive though...

P5%20at%20office.jpg

Blue lips. Sweet. (thumb)

There are some good looking 18's in this thread, but I think that 17's fill the wheel well's just right. Some 18" wheels just look too big too me. Plus, you can get a slightly thicker tire w/ 17's and not destroy your new rims when you drive around.

Andres said:
18" G-Racing SEKI, 215 / 35 tires.
Spoolin 2" springs.
Ride is nice and tight, not harsh or hard.
Such low profile tires require KNOWING the streets you drive though...

P5%20at%20office.jpg

Am I ever glad thats the color of my new car, so sweet.

jonlong said:
There are some good looking 18's in this thread, but I think that 17's fill the wheel well's just right. Some 18" wheels just look too big too me. Plus, you can get a slightly thicker tire w/ 17's and not destroy your new rims when you drive around.

I bought my MP5 with 18" ADR's and some low profile tires. Curbed my passenger side, front wheel the first week I had em. I was so used to my clunky 86 maxima and its tires, that I didnt realize the lips stuck out so much on these 18's. I have the stock wheels, but I'd like to get some other 16s or 17s, and throw some more practical tires on there. The 18s are nice looking, but I think they're a bit too flashy for my tastes.

No pictures yet, sorry. Gotta get my digital camera up and running again.

Last edited:
This thread is proof that the MP5 was one of the best looking vehicles mazda ever built. Incredible looking rides people!

Donas64 said:
This thread is proof that the MP5 was one of the best looking vehicles mazda ever built. Incredible looking rides people!

I agree completely. I'm seeing more and more wagons on the road, but the P5 is still one of the best looking ones out there.

Bala, what tire size do you run on your wheels.. from some of your pics it definitely looks larger than the 215/35/18 that everyone runs. Are your fenders rolled or something?

Back