HOW TO: Installing Vishnu XEDE Interceptor system

re-tucked the wiring a little better while I was installing the HKS TT.

little stealthier.

XEDEclean.jpg

Does it control the Throttle by Wire, i.e., change the mapping so it stays open longer or acts like a wired throttle instead of closing to reduce torque?

neit_jnf said:
Does it control the Throttle by Wire, i.e., change the mapping so it stays open longer or acts like a wired throttle instead of closing to reduce torque?
Are you referring to open loop vs. closed loop? Throttle Position Sensor?
Stephanie

the newer mazdas use an electronic throttle, not the tradition cable actuated throttle. i think what he is asking is if the XEDE can assume control of that system to make it act more like a conventional throttle.

Captain KRM P5 said:
the newer mazdas use an electronic throttle, not the tradition cable actuated throttle. i think what he is asking is if the XEDE can assume control of that system to make it act more like a conventional throttle.

Yes, that's my question.

According to somebody's log the throttle closes by redline, limiting top end power; it also closes at the onset of boost around 2600-3200 rpm, I guess to keep torque controlled when the turbo first kicks in. I'd like to see how the torque/power change if the throttle was kept open all the way to redline.

Nutari question

you mentioned some dyno's with different mod configurations, did you post them?

the cai you mentioned that you had, is that the xcel or is there another out there for us real soon?

i just ordered the tmic, and am wondering what to expect with the cai too.
i may buy the xede but only when plug and play.

please show us the numbers, i plan to time 60-100mph in different gears with my mods as i install them to monitor gains and share info with others.

cheers

meha11 said:
you mentioned some dyno's with different mod configurations, did you post them?
No, as I said in that same post, the dyno will be sometime next week.
the cai you mentioned that you had, is that the xcel or is there another out there for us real soon?
I never said I had a CAI. I said I had a short ram

i just ordered the tmic, and am wondering what to expect with the cai too.
i may buy the xede but only when plug and play.
I have seen only one dyno graph for the speed 3 with a CP-E CAI. It gained around 15-20 whp.. which is hardly believable. At most I would think a 5 whp gain.

please show us the numbers, i plan to time 60-100mph in different gears with my mods as i install them to monitor gains and share info with others.

cheers

What numbers? If you can afford to dyno your car after every mod you buy, please do post the graphs. The community needs more numbers to verify just how awesome this car is.

Nutari said:
Why are you all cluttering my HOW TO thread with un-related banter? There are threads for XEDE discussion elsewhere. Can I get a MOD to clear the un-related posts out of here please?

sorry for taking an interest.

Nutari said:
I am trying to schedule the dyno for next week. The way the wiring is set up, I can just unhook the XEDE and plug the wires back together so im back to stock.

The dynos will be as follows.

Totally stock
XEDE
TMIC no XEDE
TMIC & XEDE.

:)

Those numbers for those mods.
you posted this on jan 11. today is jan 18. that was a week ago.

grumpy!

meha11 said:
sorry for taking an interest.

Those numbers for those mods.
you posted this on jan 11. today is jan 18. that was a week ago.

grumpy!
lol.. just a little...

I said trying. Dyno WAS set for the 22nd but I found out I have to work that day.. have to wait till tomorrow to find out my schedule for next week.. then I will schedule it for whatever my day off next week will be.

BUT.. drags are on the 20th.. so I will at least get some good 1/4 times.

yeah the price on those parts is ridiculous. To get back on topic, how is your tune affecting your gas consumption?

dread said:
yeah the price on those parts is ridiculous. To get back on topic, how is your tune affecting your gas consumption?
considering im still 'showing it off' with the XEDE in there.. horrible. :) Very hard to drive normally when I have instant power now. No turbo lag.

ptperformance said:
Redline, can you move it? Sorry if I missed it somewhere. Very interested in the part.
nope, can not adjust the redline/rev limiter.

Power is gone by 6k rpm because of the ECU controlling the drive by wire "80% limit I think". Rev limiter is 6800 or so I dont think there would be any need to increase it with the factory turbo. Aftermarket turbo and a ability to control DBW would be a diffrent story.

redms3gt said:
Power is gone by 6k rpm because of the ECU controlling the drive by wire "80% limit I think". Rev limiter is 6800 or so I dont think there would be any need to increase it with the factory turbo. Aftermarket turbo and a ability to control DBW would be a diffrent story.
Do we know if its the DBW that controlls the redline or the ECU/PCM that kills spark/fuel??? I have dealt with the DBW systems in the past and we have a fix for it if its just the DBW that kills the power..

ptperformance said:
Do we know if its the DBW that controlls the redline or the ECU/PCM that kills spark/fuel??? I have dealt with the DBW systems in the past and we have a fix for it if its just the DBW that kills the power..
The ECU controls it.
Stephanie

because of his new job he has had to reschedule alot of this stuff and been pretty tied up - he's been in contact with me and should be doing some more stuff here pretty soon.

i know he was "called out" recent by an 06 mustang GT whom he reportedly whooped :)

Yes, very sorry. just started a new job. Trying to figure out my new schedule.

Back