HOW TO: Installing Vishnu XEDE Interceptor system

flyrevs said:
Captain Ken, any word on the plug n play for XEDE ?

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks :)

last things i heard were very optimistic. it is a top priority.

Hey Steve/Nutari... I have the TMIC on the way finally. Mind sending me the updated Map for it? I'll shoot ya an email tonight... Thanks..

Terribly sorry for the bump, didn't see anyplace else for this.

So, if I hook up the Xede system, do I just leave it as it is in the engine bay and just forget about it(besides hooking it up with the laptop to tune the engine)?

Nutari, any updates on the Xede? Been a while, ya know....

BlackJack said:
Terribly sorry for the bump, didn't see anyplace else for this.

So, if I hook up the Xede system, do I just leave it as it is in the engine bay and just forget about it(besides hooking it up with the laptop to tune the engine)?

Nutari, any updates on the Xede? Been a while, ya know....

yes, hook it up and go. For OPTIMAL results, dyno tuning is recommended.

What more updates do you need? Car is running fine. I cut everything apart and hardwired it in there. (Solder with shrink tubing) looks totally stock now cept for the XEDE unit. I am going to put in the map bank switch either tonight or next day off. Also going to wire in some LED lighting for the footwells because I like pretty blue lights.

nondual said:
Seriously? Five pages, several days, and no dyno charts?
This thread is a HOW TO thread. Not a dyno thread. Going to ask a mod to delete the trash.

goddamn i just spent my entire lunch break cleaning this thread up... i probably pissed just about every one off by deleting their post and keeping other off topic posts... i probably did miss some... oh well keep this thread to the topic of the OP of a how to for installing the XEDE system... there are numerous threads elsewhere discusing the xede and all it does and doesn't do compared to other units that may or may not be coming out...

Last edited:
Nutari said:
I've been driving it all day now.
Its amazing. I can floor it in second and it pulls me off the road. Well, the roads are wet so I couldnt really open it up till just a little while ago. 3rd and 4rth pull REALLY hard now and it does NOT let up. You know how ( I posted a video also) the boost only spikes to 16 then settles on like 10-13? now it holds the boost at 15-16psi all the way up. Im sure there is ALOT more but like I said, it was raining almost the entire day and I couldnt open her up fully.

I am trying to schedule the dyno for next week. The way the wiring is set up, I can just unhook the XEDE and plug the wires back together so im back to stock.

The dynos will be as follows.

Totally stock
XEDE
TMIC no XEDE
TMIC & XEDE.

I will be getting a laptop to borrow tonight and custom tuning it just a little bit to compensate for the TMIC.

Intake is here also. Going to install it tomorrow though. :)

Stay tuned...

300whp is just a tiny step away if not already here. :)
And you're giving me s*** for ASKING for those dynos? Clean up the trash, indeed.

nondual said:
And you're giving me s*** for ASKING for those dynos? Clean up the trash, indeed.
wow. From the guy that posts nothing but "I HATE MY MAZDA *TEAR*"
Here.. just for you.

1226061539.jpg

Dynos
runs.jpg

FinalMapdyno.jpg

lean.jpg

Videos

i'm working overtime this week so i could pick this up... stupid question: are those dyno numbers just with the xede mod and your short ram?

boost_me said:
i'm working overtime this week so i could pick this up... stupid question: are those dyno numbers just with the xede mod and your short ram?
I dont have a short ram

XEDE + ProtegeGarage TMIC upgrade.

Did you happen to have a base run without the XEDE?
Also, are these recent graphs or are they from when you first added the XEDE? Thanks!

Did you happen to have a base run without the XEDE?
Also, are these recent graphs or are they from when you first added the XEDE? Thanks!

all graphs were with just the XEDE and TMIC.

My baseline run dyno was done incorrectly (Started sampling too late)
It was the average for ms3's. 240~hp and 260tq.

Xede

I am so glad you posted those dyno graphs.
I have been trying to figure out which direction to go next w/ my speed3.

My first 2 upgrades were the COBB SRI and Forge BPV.

I have gone back and forth w/ what upgrade to do next.
It came down to the ETS TMIC after seeing the results of COBB'S AP initial release.
I waited for the release of the COBB AP but I am really happy with the results I am seeing w/ XEDE.

XEDE will be the direction I will be taking now.
(dance)

Back