"Different" rear bumper on my 3?

AJ33

:
2004 Mazda 3
A buddy of mine and fellow 3 driver noticed my rear bumper lower trim is body color instead of black. I took a look at the trim and I think it came like that from the factory. Was that an option or something?

mazda3_2.jpg

mazda3_1.jpg

it still could have had the rear bumper changed out / repainted. carfax has been wrong inthe past, and something as small as a rear bumper repaint wouldn't nessesarily show on it.

Well I had it inspected before I bought it and nothing negative came back. It drives perfectly so I guess whatever happened wasn't major.

If you dont report anything to your insurance, CarFax wont know about it. Something minor like a little repaint for a few hundred bucks isnt worth killing resale value, and raising car insurance costs. Im sure someone got bump0ed into or backed into something. Looks cool though

I bought a used jetta with a clean carfax and didn't realize that it had been rear ended until I tried to trade it in and the dealer checked the paint thickness. Thats when I decided never to buy used cars again

dread said:
I bought a used jetta with a clean carfax and didn't realize that it had been rear ended until I tried to trade it in and the dealer checked the paint thickness. Thats when I decided never to buy used cars again

Was it a 1995 black Jetta GLX bought in California?

I bought a 95 Camaro with a clean carfax. I noticed differences in paint on the nose of the car. The fenders looked like they had been adjusted. But the car ran great. A paint and body shop told me that if damages don't exceed approx. $1500, it won't show up on carfax.

Back