boost gauge

Gandalf said:
Hmm, so now my question is why are people running mechanical gauges over electrical ones? Seems odd to add another point of failure into the equation and add a 4-6' hose running from you intake (or where ever). Wouldn't that length of hose effect boost? Or is it too minor? Sorry this is my first ever FI car and I'm learning as I go.

the hose to my boost sensor is about 4 inches long.. it's in the engine bay mounted to the firewall, with a hose just going to the intake manifold. Then I just ran the three wires from it into the cabin.

mint all done, i tapped the add a circuit into the fuse labeled "meter [acc]". it lights up when acc is on and also turns off and turns on when you turn the car on. not a big deal at all to me i could care less.

so 1st and 2nd im seeing about 11-12 psi max, 3rd, 4th are around 14-15 and 5th is usually about 15, give or take 1 sometimes. never payed attention to 6th tho....why the hell isnt it boosting consistantly???

Hey, was wondering if anybody with prosport electrical boost gauge had this issue before:

I connected power source to the the cig lighter harness and the amber wire to the cig lighter compartment's light for dimming lights.
(I used my multimeter to make sure there's +12V)

However, when I had those set up, and start the ignition, nothing happens. My gauge only start up when I turn on the lights (cause amber wire is connected for dimming). The gauge does its closing ceremony when I off my lights.

To get over the problem for now (it was getting dark), I plug in red+amber wire to the cig lighter source.

It starts up now, but when i turn off the car, it does not do the closing ceremnody..it just shuts off. I could not turn off the BEEP as well..tried holding the button several times after startup but to no avail.
I might miss something, sorry if i did some stupid mistake but do point it out if possible.

I've emailed my scenario to the vendor to see if it's a defective unit.

at the same time i"m going to re-route my source to the dimming switch and check tomorrow.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back