Turn Signal MIRRORS

mixmasterlove

Contributor
Has anyone seen these? EBAY # 200059937687 ? If so does anyone know if they are plug-in ( I see a PLUG in one of the pix) or if they need to be spliced into the turn signal. I spoke to the guy in Japan before through email, but he doesn't understand the plug-in OR splice ? They are also OEM.

The CX-9 has them. I would imagine they need to be spliced into your turn signals unless the connectors are already there (which I suppose is possible). Wish I had the answer for ya ;)

mixmasterlove said:
I need to find out, because if you notice in the pix, there is a PLUG !!!

I sent an Email to JapanParts and the Email train is below... It sounds like to me you have to splice it into the turn signal directly (i.e. our CX-7s are not prewired)...

------------------------------------------------------------
Hello:

Yes, the colour is available.

Painting charge will be 35USD.

For the installation, they are identical with the one on your car.

Only the LED turning signal is different.

Installation will be exactly like the one on your car and you just need to wire it up with the signal wire.

Thank you

Sincerely,

Internet Marketing & Service Dept.

Speedline International Corp.

www.TheSpeedline.com

service@thespeedline.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 1:43 AM
To: www.TheSpeedline.com
Subject: Re: 物品問題 #200059574816 - Mazda CX-7 LED Rear Mirror Cover genuine mazda Part CX7

The color code on the driver's door is 32V.

Please let me know if you have that color and if you do I would like to know a little more about how these are installed on an American CX-7...

Thanks!

Brad

----- Original Message -----

To: bmabry@ix.netcom.com

Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 10:10 AM

Subject: RE: 物品問題 #200059574816 - Mazda CX-7 LED Rear Mirror Cover genuine mazda Part CX7

Hello:

Please provide the colour code.

We need to find out if the paint is available.

CX7andMiata said:
I sent an Email to JapanParts and the Email train is below... It sounds like to me you have to splice it into the turn signal directly (i.e. our CX-7s are not prewired)...

------------------------------------------------------------
Hello:

Yes, the colour is available.

Painting charge will be 35USD.

For the installation, they are identical with the one on your car.

Only the LED turning signal is different.

Installation will be exactly like the one on your car and you just need to wire it up with the signal wire.

Thank you

Sincerely,

Internet Marketing & Service Dept.

Speedline International Corp.

www.TheSpeedline.com

service@thespeedline.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 1:43 AM
To: www.TheSpeedline.com
Subject: Re: 物品問題 #200059574816 - Mazda CX-7 LED Rear Mirror Cover genuine mazda Part CX7

The color code on the driver's door is 32V.

Please let me know if you have that color and if you do I would like to know a little more about how these are installed on an American CX-7...

Thanks!

Brad

----- Original Message -----

To: bmabry@ix.netcom.com

Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 10:10 AM

Subject: RE: 物品問題 #200059574816 - Mazda CX-7 LED Rear Mirror Cover genuine mazda Part CX7

Hello:

Please provide the colour code.

We need to find out if the paint is available.
If you look at the pix on ebay, there is a plug. I have spoke to the guy on ebay 3x, AND he never answers the plug-in OR splice ?

I've been looking at these mirrors for a while since I want to retrofit it on my car as well. The only thing I'm worried about is what if our car's side mirrors don't have the connection to the turn signal relay? I'm saying, if you just wire it to a 12v source, the LED will just light up all the time. We need to find out if one of the wires that goes to our mirrors is indeed a turn signal wire. Anybody know about this?

BadakVT said:
I've been looking at these mirrors for a while since I want to retrofit it on my car as well. The only thing I'm worried about is what if our car's side mirrors don't have the connection to the turn signal relay? I'm saying, if you just wire it to a 12v source, the LED will just light up all the time. We need to find out if one of the wires that goes to our mirrors is indeed a turn signal wire. Anybody know about this?
Like I said, I have spoke to the guy on ebay 3x, AND he never answers the plug-in OR splice ? All he kept saying was hook it up to your turn signal. DAMN I wish I spoke japanese !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You most likely will have to run wires to your turn signals in or around the headlights. I honeslty doubt that Mazda would wire something that isn't even an option on our U.S. CX-7.

Anyone want to do me a favor and try to get a straight answer from this guy on ebay, for item # 200067434077. I want to know if they are plug and play OR if the wires have to be spliced, I've asked him 3 other times and I just can't get a straight answer.

Looks like all you get is the cover and the turnsignal assembly. So, I would assume that since the US model does not have this as an option that there would not be a plug to plug it into under the cover.

Also, since this kit is just a cover that clips on, I would dare say that you might be able to remove the cover on your vehicle and see if there is a plug to plug it into.

cmdavis3rd said:
Looks like all you get is the cover and the turnsignal assembly. So, I would assume that since the US model does not have this as an option that there would not be a plug to plug it into under the cover.

Also, since this kit is just a cover that clips on, I would dare say that you might be able to remove the cover on your vehicle and see if there is a plug to plug it into.
Anyone know how to remove it?

I figured out how to take off the mirror itself - you just sort of pop it out by pushing at the top of it. Anyway, as far as I could tell and as I expected, there is NO connector for the turn signals.

There are only six wires coming to the mirror - two for heating and two for each of the two power mirror motors. So what'll need to be done is splice into turn signals on each side, lead a wire to the mirror and connect it to the mirror's turn signal lead wires.

Otto said:
I figured out how to take off the mirror itself - you just sort of pop it out by pushing at the top of it. Anyway, as far as I could tell and as I expected, there is NO connector for the turn signals.

There are only six wires coming to the mirror - two for heating and two for each of the two power mirror motors. So what'll need to be done is splice into turn signals on each side, lead a wire to the mirror and connect it to the mirror's turn signal lead wires.
Thanks, but I am not gonna SPLICE WIRES.

Int3grity said:
if anyone has done this already can you please post pictures

the same for me. Just get led covers in mail. And big question is how to install it.
Does anybody did it?

self said:
hehee dealers don't want to install it....

Of course not, but there are other options besides the dealer. Any shop that does custom work should be able to handle it no problem.

Back