In Memory of Member 1338
In Memory of Member 1338
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: Turn Signal MIRRORS

  1. #1
    !@#$%^&*()_+ mixmasterlove's Avatar
    Donated: $5


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    614

    Turn Signal MIRRORS

    Has anyone seen these? EBAY # 200059937687 ? If so does anyone know if they are plug-in ( I see a PLUG in one of the pix) or if they need to be spliced into the turn signal. I spoke to the guy in Japan before through email, but he doesn't understand the plug-in OR splice ? They are also OEM.

  2. #2
    Proud New CX-7 Owner! CXRabbit's Avatar

    2009 CX-9 TR +Kenwood DNX7020EX

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    569
    The CX-9 has them. I would imagine they need to be spliced into your turn signals unless the connectors are already there (which I suppose is possible). Wish I had the answer for ya
    ~Amy

  3. #3
    !@#$%^&*()_+ mixmasterlove's Avatar
    Donated: $5


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    614
    I need to find out, because if you notice in the pix, there is a PLUG !!!

  4. #4
    Registered Member CX7andMiata's Avatar

    CX-7 AWD GT, Copper Red Mica with Tech. Package

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Hixson, TN
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by mixmasterlove
    I need to find out, because if you notice in the pix, there is a PLUG !!!
    I sent an Email to JapanParts and the Email train is below... It sounds like to me you have to splice it into the turn signal directly (i.e. our CX-7s are not prewired)...

    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello:



    Yes, the colour is available.

    Painting charge will be 35USD.

    For the installation, they are identical with the one on your car.

    Only the LED turning signal is different.

    Installation will be exactly like the one on your car and you just need to wire it up with the signal wire.





    Thank you



    Sincerely,

    Internet Marketing & Service Dept.

    Speedline International Corp.

    www.TheSpeedline.com

    service@thespeedline.com


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    From: Brad Mabry [mailto:bmabry@ix.netcom.com]
    Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 1:43 AM
    To: www.TheSpeedline.com
    Subject: Re: 物品問題 #200059574816 - Mazda CX-7 LED Rear Mirror Cover genuine mazda Part CX7



    The color code on the driver's door is 32V.



    Please let me know if you have that color and if you do I would like to know a little more about how these are installed on an American CX-7...



    Thanks!



    Brad



    ----- Original Message -----

    From: www.TheSpeedline.com

    To: bmabry@ix.netcom.com

    Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 10:10 AM

    Subject: RE: 物品問題 #200059574816 - Mazda CX-7 LED Rear Mirror Cover genuine mazda Part CX7



    Hello:



    Please provide the colour code.

    We need to find out if the paint is available.
    Copper Red Mica GT with Tech. Package!

  5. #5
    !@#$%^&*()_+ mixmasterlove's Avatar
    Donated: $5


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by CX7andMiata
    I sent an Email to JapanParts and the Email train is below... It sounds like to me you have to splice it into the turn signal directly (i.e. our CX-7s are not prewired)...

    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello:



    Yes, the colour is available.

    Painting charge will be 35USD.

    For the installation, they are identical with the one on your car.

    Only the LED turning signal is different.

    Installation will be exactly like the one on your car and you just need to wire it up with the signal wire.





    Thank you



    Sincerely,

    Internet Marketing & Service Dept.

    Speedline International Corp.

    www.TheSpeedline.com

    service@thespeedline.com


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    From: Brad Mabry [mailto:bmabry@ix.netcom.com]
    Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 1:43 AM
    To: www.TheSpeedline.com
    Subject: Re: 物品問題 #200059574816 - Mazda CX-7 LED Rear Mirror Cover genuine mazda Part CX7



    The color code on the driver's door is 32V.



    Please let me know if you have that color and if you do I would like to know a little more about how these are installed on an American CX-7...



    Thanks!



    Brad



    ----- Original Message -----

    From: www.TheSpeedline.com

    To: bmabry@ix.netcom.com

    Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 10:10 AM

    Subject: RE: 物品問題 #200059574816 - Mazda CX-7 LED Rear Mirror Cover genuine mazda Part CX7



    Hello:



    Please provide the colour code.

    We need to find out if the paint is available.
    If you look at the pix on ebay, there is a plug. I have spoke to the guy on ebay 3x, AND he never answers the plug-in OR splice ?

  6. #6
    Registered Member BadakVT's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    19
    I've been looking at these mirrors for a while since I want to retrofit it on my car as well. The only thing I'm worried about is what if our car's side mirrors don't have the connection to the turn signal relay? I'm saying, if you just wire it to a 12v source, the LED will just light up all the time. We need to find out if one of the wires that goes to our mirrors is indeed a turn signal wire. Anybody know about this?
    2005 Ardent Red Lotus Elise
    2007 Platinum Silver CX-7
    2005 Raven Yamaha R6

  7. #7
    !@#$%^&*()_+ mixmasterlove's Avatar
    Donated: $5


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by BadakVT
    I've been looking at these mirrors for a while since I want to retrofit it on my car as well. The only thing I'm worried about is what if our car's side mirrors don't have the connection to the turn signal relay? I'm saying, if you just wire it to a 12v source, the LED will just light up all the time. We need to find out if one of the wires that goes to our mirrors is indeed a turn signal wire. Anybody know about this?
    Like I said, I have spoke to the guy on ebay 3x, AND he never answers the plug-in OR splice ? All he kept saying was hook it up to your turn signal. DAMN I wish I spoke japanese !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  8. #8
    Proud New CX-7 Owner! CXRabbit's Avatar

    2009 CX-9 TR +Kenwood DNX7020EX

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    569
    Why don't you try calling Mazda?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  9. #9
    Registered Member otnielarencibia's Avatar

    2007 Mazda CX-7 GT

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pompano, FL.
    Posts
    177
    You most likely will have to run wires to your turn signals in or around the headlights. I honeslty doubt that Mazda would wire something that isn't even an option on our U.S. CX-7.

  10. #10
    !@#$%^&*()_+ mixmasterlove's Avatar
    Donated: $5


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    614
    Anyone want to do me a favor and try to get a straight answer from this guy on ebay, for item # 200067434077. I want to know if they are plug and play OR if the wires have to be spliced, I've asked him 3 other times and I just can't get a straight answer.

  11. #11
    Registered Member cmdavis3rd's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    48
    Looks like all you get is the cover and the turnsignal assembly. So, I would assume that since the US model does not have this as an option that there would not be a plug to plug it into under the cover.

    Also, since this kit is just a cover that clips on, I would dare say that you might be able to remove the cover on your vehicle and see if there is a plug to plug it into.

  12. #12
    !@#$%^&*()_+ mixmasterlove's Avatar
    Donated: $5


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdavis3rd
    Looks like all you get is the cover and the turnsignal assembly. So, I would assume that since the US model does not have this as an option that there would not be a plug to plug it into under the cover.

    Also, since this kit is just a cover that clips on, I would dare say that you might be able to remove the cover on your vehicle and see if there is a plug to plug it into.
    Anyone know how to remove it?

  13. #13
    !@#$%^&*()_+ mixmasterlove's Avatar
    Donated: $5


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    614
    I looked uner the mirrors tonight, 3 torque screws (IMPOSSIBLE to get to)and 1 philips head screw.

  14. #14
    Registered Member

    CX-7 AWD Grand Touring

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    57
    I figured out how to take off the mirror itself - you just sort of pop it out by pushing at the top of it. Anyway, as far as I could tell and as I expected, there is NO connector for the turn signals.

    There are only six wires coming to the mirror - two for heating and two for each of the two power mirror motors. So what'll need to be done is splice into turn signals on each side, lead a wire to the mirror and connect it to the mirror's turn signal lead wires.

  15. #15
    !@#$%^&*()_+ mixmasterlove's Avatar
    Donated: $5


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by Otto
    I figured out how to take off the mirror itself - you just sort of pop it out by pushing at the top of it. Anyway, as far as I could tell and as I expected, there is NO connector for the turn signals.

    There are only six wires coming to the mirror - two for heating and two for each of the two power mirror motors. So what'll need to be done is splice into turn signals on each side, lead a wire to the mirror and connect it to the mirror's turn signal lead wires.
    Thanks, but I am not gonna SPLICE WIRES.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Turn Signal Flasher
    By bbrich57 in forum Mazda3 Infotainment
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 12:10 AM
  2. 1992 Protege LX turn signal failure
    By TonyG in forum Mazda Protege
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-15-2010, 12:46 AM
  3. WTB Turn signal relay
    By shaggyhair in forum Completed Transactions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 06:53 PM
  4. Blinky Blinky goes my turn signals
    By PuertoRicanMP5 in forum Protege5
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 09:52 AM
  5. Me and a Corvette 100 MPH on a turn..
    By LinuxRacr in forum Pics & Builds
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-24-2002, 02:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •