Headlight Bulbs Continue to Burn Out

djc122984

Hey guys. long time reader first time poster. I have a 2003 mazda protege 5. The headlight bulbs keep burning out. I replace them each time with normal halogen bulbs that you get at your everyday parts store. Is there any issues with the wiring problems. The bulbs are lasting less than 4 months. I am not touching the blub when I install it and I am buying sylvania normal halogen bulbs so I know they aren't cheap off brand bulbs. Any ideas to what it may be? Thanks.

this actually been happening to me recently that i finally noticed. my luminics burned out and i went with silverstars and the left one burned out so im thinkin its a problem

Ive never burnt out a light, only busted one when I wrecked my car...I wish I could help but im afraid I have no experience with the P5 headlights. Check to make sure you have the correct size fuses is all I can think of right now.

check to make sure youre not grounding somewhere you shouldnt be. def sounds like youre gettin too much power to your lights
stupid question but youre usin 55w bulbs right?

and yea check fuses make sure they are the correct amperage (i guess?)

are you in a place where its extremely cold? maybe your getting moisture inside the lens. Check to be sure youve got the big rubber gaskets on the back of each of the headlight assembly. My stupid mazda dealer didnt even put them on when i had my headlamp assembly was replaced

carter1551 said:
are you in a place where its extremely cold? maybe your getting moisture inside the lens. Check to be sure youve got the big rubber gaskets on the back of each of the headlight assembly. My stupid mazda dealer didnt even put them on when i had my headlamp assembly was replaced

My body shop owes me one too, but I havent had any problems with my bulb.

I have horrible luck with headlights as well. Used to get the expensive Silverstars after the Cool Blues were going, but they did the same thing.

I just use OEM replacement ones now, lasted longer but one went out after less than a year.

Well if anyone wants my stock bulbs...lol, I still have them because I replaced them with silverstars. No probs with either.

states dont have drl's we also dont have the black headlights :(
if i had drls they would be rewired into my fogs.

Back