235 40 18

Attachments

• mazdapics1.JPG
    mazdapics1.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 1,828
  • mazdapics3.JPG
    mazdapics3.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,243
rmbmazda, don't the rims stick out past the fenders? rx-8's offset are 50 and they pop out just a bit in the front. can you post pictures from the front or back to show the flushness with the fender. if 18x8 et45 fit.. i'm going to get a different set of rims. thanks in advance.

thanks for the pics...i think i'll stick with what i got and get 5mm spacers in the back. the front rims come out too far for my taste.. can you take pics of the rears? are they flush with the fender?

sorry 808, i cant take anymore pics cuz i got new rims, guess what they are? :)

Attachments

• new.JPG
    new.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,701
  • new1.JPG
    new1.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,396
  • new3.JPG
    new3.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,999
  • new2.JPG
    new2.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,393
225 45 18, I didn't really have any choice with the tires because I bought used rx8 rims and the tires came with them. So did you get your rims yet?

rnb... I got my rims a couple of months ago and was debating on getting another set. We have a new addition to the family coming now.. tires have dropped low on the priority list. Most likely will get tires once the stock toyos go to crap or if I can hit a big sale at work.

How does the ride compare between the 2 sets of rims you had? The VIP rims were on 225/40's and now you are on 225/45's. Can you notice a difference?

Attachments

• mrrr h3 mock up.JPG
    mrrr h3 mock up.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 1,684
Well, the reason why i actually got rid of those rims and tires is because i could not take out the vibration when im driving, i had them balance twice plus got hub rings and still no luck. So i dont know if it was the rims or the 235/40 tires, but anyway now with the rx8 rims being alot lighter with the 225/45 tires, it was definitely the right choice.

Wow those rims are beautiful, it looks perfect having a white exterior. 18x8? or 18x7.5?

thanks rnb... specs: mrr hr3 18x7.5 48 offset... was thinking about going with ame shallen cx's but those run $2400 for just the wheels... ouch! scored these for under a grand... couldn't go wrong..

ame shallens are nice VIP style rims....but I still like your HR3s

Attachments

• shallenc.jpg
    shallenc.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,292
  • shallena.jpg
    shallena.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 984
  • shallenn.jpg
    shallenn.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 942
I did find a set, but I decided I wanted to find something with some lip on it. Keeping the HR2s as a backup choice. Not gonna be anytime soon as well for me. My wife made me a deal, I have to wait til the currents stockers wear out. (burnout)

RSL wheels

Hi there really nice fitment guide! It has helped me find the right combo for my 5. I just wanted to add my 2 cents incase I may be able to add to the fitment guide. I ended up going with 18x7.5" RSL Ricochet (off ebay-cheap price $250 rims, $350 tires (m/b and rings) and shipping to Hawaii $900 total. I went with 225/40s, but 215 or 205 would be the better fit cus i have slight rub in rt. rear. Offset wasn't ideal at +42mm but looks nice and wouldn't be a problem if the tires were more narrow. Here are the pics. I hope u can enjoy and add to the guide. P.S. the front wheels don't really stick out beyond the fenders, it is "flush".

100_3151.jpg

100_3149.jpg

100_3138.jpg

Zoom-zoom!

Ummmm....where'd you get the black headlight and tails housings???? (boom05)

Hi there really nice fitment guide! It has helped me find the right combo for my 5. I just wanted to add my 2 cents incase I may be able to add to the fitment guide. I ended up going with 18x7.5" RSL Ricochet (off ebay-cheap price $250 rims, $350 tires (m/b and rings) and shipping to Hawaii $900 total. I went with 225/40s, but 215 or 205 would be the better fit cus i have slight rub in rt. rear. Offset wasn't ideal at +42mm but looks nice and wouldn't be a problem if the tires were more narrow. Here are the pics. I hope u can enjoy and add to the guide. P.S. the front wheels don't really stick out beyond the fenders, it is "flush".

100_3151.jpg

100_3149.jpg

100_3138.jpg

Zoom-zoom!

Ummmm....where'd you get the black headlight and tails housings???? (boom05)

Yes, first thing that called my attention (OK OK, the wheels are sweet too ;)). I believe that is the 2007 US Grand Touring model.

You'd see those on the Mazda website before but couldn't get them from any dealer....so where DID you get them??????(omg)

Back