Mazda5 Wheel Fitment & Photo Guide

the_saint

50% borikn
:
OG Mazda5
In an effort to try to help people looking to upgrade/change the wheels of their Mazda5 (NOT Protege5) I have compiled a small gallery of pics.
I've done my best to get the specs on the wheel & tire combos...but I do not guarantee their accuracy (ughdance) as these pics and information were found on a site dedicated to our Japanese counterpart the Premacy...and since my Japanese is nonexistant I am at the mercy of google's translator.
Here is the link, there is alot of information on there if you can decypher it.
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/society/newpremacy/

Specs are in the pictures...click the pics to expand.

Enjoy!

*I will update as I find more images & specs*

Please keep this thread on topic...no questions about what body kit or what springs or whatever is in any particular pic.
If you have any questions, PM me and I'll see what I can find out.

20" (shocked)

^^Not certain of the offset on these wheels, I believe they are a +38.^^

Last edited:
Holy Jebus these wheels are hot! The kit and drop don't hurt, either. (2thumbs)
premacyraysyr5.jpg

I agree awesome post!!! :D :D :D

This gives me some great ideas for new wheels now...I've been looking for some nice pics of the 5 to see what works with it...

Saint thanks so much for taking the time out to give us the specs for the wheels you rock!!! Google translated or not, they definitely help out :D

No problem guys (and gals) Glad I could be of assistance.

I'm not the most knowledgable when it comes to wheel brands...but I'm pretty sure Rays makes Volk wheels and probably a few other brands.
Also, Stitch is a brand of wheel, but AFAIK they're Japan only...and I'm under the impression that they are knockoffs or copies FWIW.

The tirerack.com site is cool to get a general idea, but the pic isn't close enough or detailed enough.

Saint...awesome thread. Thanks for the time and effort.

Can we get this stickied, and make it an ongoing thing to post up pics whenever someone gets aftermarket wheels?

Twankys!

Looks like we have our first member (that I know of) rollin on 'dubs'
feolin had some 20X8.5 +38 (?) U2 model 35 on his Mazda5 for a little while.

He says that they rubbed just a weee bit on the back and that it was rim to fender contact. But he did say that the poke (rim past fender) was not very much. So I'm thinking that with some careful planning and the proper suspension mods (coilovers or air + camber), people...the daring ones...will be able to run a halfway decent VIP fitment.

Way too cool!! I'm getting my new Sportmax 006 High gloss black 18" rims next week (after waiting about 6 weeks), with Hankook UHP 225ZR40/18 rubber. Already 'invested' around $5k into AV entertainment, now looking at some performance upgrades, but don't know where to start, or who to trust. If I can get around another 50-80hp gain, that would be sufficient, especially lower end torque. Thinking of a cold air intake, and exhaust/suspension mods to start. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• New Mazda Rims.jpg
    New Mazda Rims.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,493
Vinnyfast said:
Way too cool!! I'm getting my new Sportmax 006 High gloss black 18" rims next week (after waiting about 6 weeks), with Hankook UHP 225ZR40/18 rubber. Already 'invested' around $5k into AV entertainment, now looking at some performance upgrades, but don't know where to start, or who to trust. If I can get around another 50-80hp gain, that would be sufficient, especially lower end torque. Thinking of a cold air intake, and exhaust/suspension mods to start. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

I have the Fujita CAI on my Mazda5 and don't really find there is much improvement performance-wise. For 50-80hp gains you will certainly need more than CAI and exhaust work. The only way to get that kind of hp increase is to install a turbo or supercharger on the engine. Some of the guys on the Mazda3 section of this forum have done turbo upgrades, so there's good info there to learn from.
Anthony

antlind said:
I have the Fujita CAI on my Mazda5 and don't really find there is much improvement performance-wise. For 50-80hp gains you will certainly need more than CAI and exhaust work. The only way to get that kind of hp increase is to install a turbo or supercharger on the engine. Some of the guys on the Mazda3 section of this forum have done turbo upgrades, so there's good info there to learn from.
Anthony

Good to know, and I figured it would involve one of the two. I asked the dealer how much, and if they could install a turbo w/intercooler in my 5, and even though they've never did one, said it was possible.....$1500 for the turbo, another $2500 for the intercooler and plumbing/parts, plus labour, which at $95/hr, would involve about 4 to 8 hrs or more. I don't think so!! I emailed a couple of places in California, who told me they would have to fabricate the brackets/other parts for a supercharger. I still have 60k left on my powertrain warranty and don't want to take a chance on voiding it. there must be some other way of squeezing some hp out of this thing. I don't mind paying the money as long as it's done right. I'd be happy with 200hp.

Back