Technical Service Bulletins

CXRabbit

:
2009 CX-9 TR +Kenwood DNX7020EX
Just had my 1,000 Mile oil change today. They checked all fluids and changed my oil.

I was also having a problem: The buttons for the radio (just the ones around the navigation screen) have been flickering, but only after I am driving the car for a while. The could not replicate the problem and didn't see any obvious issue, so no repair was done.

BUT, they did do a PCM Flash, and the latest one indicated something like "LDP Sensor Erratic". I looked it up on Google and Rosenthal came up with a Service Bulletin. It says:

"Some vehicles may experience MIL comes on with DTC P2407 in memory. This symptom is due to abnormal current in the LDP sensor which exceeds the threshold of DTC P2407. The design specification does not meet the market need, so the PCM software has been changed to resolve the concern."

MIL means Malfunction Indicator Lamp.
LDP means Leak Diagnostic Pump.

The "abnormal current" part is what makes me hope the latest PCM Flash fixes the radio issue.

CXRabbit said:
The "abnormal current" part is what makes me hope the latest PCM Flash fixes the radio issue.

I highly doubt it'll resolve your radio issue. The LDP issue is related to what many believed was a problem with the gas cap.

I totally hear ya. One of the reasons I'm keeping my fingers crossed is because someone on another forum had the radio issue... she got the latest PCM Flash and after that she hasn't had a problem. Could just be coincidence, but it's one I wouldn't mind being victim to ;)

CXRabbit said:
I totally hear ya. One of the reasons I'm keeping my fingers crossed is because someone on another forum had the radio issue... she got the latest PCM Flash and after that she hasn't had a problem. Could just be coincidence, but it's one I wouldn't mind being victim to ;)

CXRabbit, did you ask the dealer about the audiopilot when you went in for your oil change? I still don't think mine is working and I was curious if you found out anything...

I did ask them about the AudioPilot -- they couldn't find anything wrong, but honestly, the mechanic didn't even know what it was. Problem with that is if it isn't working I'm not sure they'd even know how to fix it.

Well, my radio lights DID start flickering again tonight (grrr) and of course it was right when I was pulling into my driveway... and too late to go back to the dealership. :(

CXRabbit said:
I did ask them about the AudioPilot -- they couldn't find anything wrong, but honestly, the mechanic didn't even know what it was. Problem with that is if it isn't working I'm not sure they'd even know how to fix it.

I have suspected mine doesn't work, either. The radio volume never seems to change. I have to turn it up at freeway speeds and back down when I get off onto surface roads.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere.

Nah, you're not hijacking it at all...
I had contacted Bose a while back about something else and they responded, so I'll try to write to that e-mail address or call that number and see if I get anywhere.

is there anywhere I can see the latest bulletins, AND if I go to get a reflash, can I make the dealer give me a non-California flash (look at the part numbers in that bulletin posted and there are differences)?

TSBs are here:
http://www.finishlineperformance.com/cx7/bulletins_index.html
These are CX-7 specific... sometimes you'll find TSBs about other cars that include the CX-7... like the one I mentioned in the original post.

Keep in mind, you should NOT try to MAKE them do a flash if you aren't having a problem. Sometimes flashes can introduce new problems. Think about Windows Updates... sometimes they fix one thing but break another ;)

They also HATE to have a customer come in and say "I read about this TSB online..." -- Unless you're somewhat knowledgeable about cars and understand what you're talking about, you'll just sound like your demanding it for the sake of demanding it.

Read the TSBs to be informed and to know if a problem crops up, but don't go in demanding it if you ARE NOT having issues.

I'd imagine you cannot make them do non-california fixes if you are in california. You guys have strictor emissions laws and you do not want to go messing with that, otherwise your call will fail inspection.

The car was bought in California but is registered in Florida. No smog for me.

Also, if you read my other posts you will see that I am pretty knowledgeable when it comes to wrenching and tech. I'm not sure if you were making the comment to me specifically or just in general.

Just in general. No offense at all meant :)

I grew up around cars, parts and mechanics so I'm more knowledgeable than the average person, and also known enough when I don't know ;) -- I had a long conversation with one of the techs and the service manager the other day while I was waiting for my car and they definitely DO NOT like it when people coming in taughting what they read online.... especially when they really don't know what they're talking about. Not that the Mazda techs are gods at all, and we should all be well informed, but lets face it, with some people too much info can be a bad thing :)

CXRabbit said:
TSBs are here:
http://www.finishlineperformance.com/cx7/bulletins_index.html
These are CX-7 specific... sometimes you'll find TSBs about other cars that include the CX-7... like the one I mentioned in the original post.

Keep in mind, you should NOT try to MAKE them do a flash if you aren't having a problem. Sometimes flashes can introduce new problems. Think about Windows Updates... sometimes they fix one thing but break another ;)

They also HATE to have a customer come in and say "I read about this TSB online..." -- Unless you're somewhat knowledgeable about cars and understand what you're talking about, you'll just sound like your demanding it for the sake of demanding it.

Read the TSBs to be informed and to know if a problem crops up, but don't go in demanding it if you ARE NOT having issues.

I'd imagine you cannot make them do non-california fixes if you are in california. You guys have strictor emissions laws and you do not want to go messing with that, otherwise your call will fail inspection.

CXRabbit, I thought there was a TSB out about the hesitation under load at 60-70 MPG? Didn't you have that problem and get it fixed with a reflash for that issue? Maybe I have you confused with someone else that had that problem... I am having that problem and plan to tell the dealer about it when I go in for an oil change on Wednesday...

ooh, i have felt hesitation around there... hmmm... like it's leaving spark out of one cylinder every so often... weird.

CX7andMiata said:
CXRabbit, I thought there was a TSB out about the hesitation under load at 60-70 MPG? Didn't you have that problem and get it fixed with a reflash for that issue? Maybe I have you confused with someone else that had that problem... I am having that problem and plan to tell the dealer about it when I go in for an oil change on Wednesday...

Nope. You definitely have me confused with someone else.
Only problem I've had with the car is the radio button lights flickering.

9Hooker said:
ooh, i have felt hesitation around there... hmmm... like it's leaving spark out of one cylinder every so often... weird.

Yep, sounds like what I am experiencing as well...

Sorry for getting you confused with someone else CXRabbit...

9Hooker said:
yes im having that problem too, 5 gear under light load it feels like a surge or a miss, has anybody fixed the problem?

Back