Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ProtegeGarage Review

Registered Member ghetto waggon's Avatar

2003 Protege5, Yellow.

ProtegeGarage Review

I have to say that I have come to expect less than mediocre service from the crew at protege garage.

I'm on my fourth purchase from them, and needless to say, each and every time has been a long and drawn out process.

Don't expect any sort of order confirmation.
    Forget a shipment date.
    Asking for a tracking number is beyond reasonable.
    Need a refund? See you in a month.
    Did we drop you off the group buy list? Oh well.

The last few purchases, I've had to call or write to nag and hold their hand as they slowly 'process' and 'handle' the order that should have been out the door and on its way time and time ago. I understand things get drop shipped for convienence-thats FINE, but if theres a two week delay, drop an email, it takes <30 seconds.

I feel strongly that the distribution businesses targeting those in this community are beginning (or already are) slacking with their service. (Ring a bell?) Letting it go just gives them the impression that it's acceptable and to continue to do so.

Business just shouldn't be conducted this way.

And I know, i'm sure it's just me. Everyone else has nothing but praise and a set of stickers flying high on their car. I do have bad luck.

But, my forewarning to any new members looking into a substantial purchase: if your order can go wrong, there's a good chance it might.

Onlinemazdaparts.com and apexr1 will treat you right.

And yes, I know the solution is to stop returning. That I will

Onlinemazdaparts and ApexR1 will treat you right.

My $0.02

Registered Member

Xterra, Honda Fit, Mp5

good to know. i agree, i mean im new and all but what the hell, i cant believe people like "MAMotorsports" have gotten off like they have!

P1kaChu Haz P4rts 4 yU0 Captain KRM P5's Avatar
    Donated: $15

2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto waggon
    I have to say that I have come to expect less than mediocre service from the crew at protege garage.

I'm on my fourth purchase from them, and needless to say, each and every time has been a long and drawn out process.

Don't expect any sort of order confirmation.
    Forget a shipment date.
    Asking for a tracking number is beyond reasonable.
    Need a refund? See you in a month.
    Did we drop you off the group buy list? Oh well.

The last few purchases, I've had to call or write to nag and hold their hand as they slowly 'process' and 'handle' the order that should have been out the door and on its way time and time ago. I understand things get drop shipped for convienence-thats FINE, but if theres a two week delay, drop an email, it takes <30 seconds.

I feel strongly that the distribution businesses targeting those in this community are beginning (or already are) slacking with their service. (Ring a bell?) Letting it go just gives them the impression that it's acceptable and to continue to do so.

Business just shouldn't be conducted this way.

And I know, i'm sure it's just me. Everyone else has nothing but praise and a set of stickers flying high on their car. I do have bad luck.

But, my forewarning to any new members looking into a substantial purchase: if your order can go wrong, there's a good chance it might.

Onlinemazdaparts.com and apexr1 will treat you right.

And yes, I know the solution is to stop returning. That I will

Onlinemazdaparts and ApexR1 will treat you right.

My $0.02
    just sent you a PM and did a little more research after that.

brian, we talked on AIM about your order for the spark plugs and badge, that it had been shipped priority mail;

mettalloid (4:44:16 PM): i just paid it over paypal, didn't do an online order
    CaptainKRM (4:44:47 PM): sorry - this is brian then]
    mettalloid (4:45:12 PM): the paypal account is listed under the name, yes
    CaptainKRM (4:46:11 PM): ok then yes it is sent us mail priority. i would guess tomorrow or monday no later
    mettalloid (4:46:21 PM): alright then,thanks
    CaptainKRM (4:46:36 PM): youre welcome

so i am little caught off guard by the thread - you didn't seem upset by that response when we talked. if there was more information you needed, i would have happily provided it. this was a day ago at most - if you were as upset then as you are here, i did not catch onto it from our conversations there.

i am not perfect and i do make mistakes, i will freely admit that to anyone. but to say "if it can go wrong, it will," just is not true. if that were the case the glowing praise you talk about wouldn't be found here or on the forums and this would not be successful enough to be my only job.

to combat the communication issues i have been adding new reps that are more involved, new phone numbers to contact us and myself directly at, i have made changes to the order process - on the website mind you - to better update customers on the status of thier orders. we're not flawless, but we're no mental addiction by any means. when i start making manifolds and turbo kits that take two years to ship if ever, then i'll accept that comparison

most people do say nice things, however you are not the only one with some criticism, so i write this reply in part to do a few things; express regret at your poor shopping experience, assure you and everyone else your criticism has been heard and i am using it to further improve our services, and to make a request of everyone who has a question or a problem. that request is if you ever have an order question or a problem, please call me on my cell phone ASAP. if i do not pick up, please leave a message. i am usually on the other line if i do not pick up, but i will call you back. i can only do that if you leave a message though, and many people just don't.

Turbo (soon) Yellow 2002 P5

Quote Originally Posted by Captain KRM P5

to combat the communication issues i have been adding new reps that are more involved, new phone numbers to contact us and myself directly at, i have made changes to the order process - on the website mind you - to better update customers on the status of thier orders. we're not flawless, but we're no mental addiction by any means. when i start making manifolds and turbo kits that take two years to ship if ever, then i'll accept that comparison

Ken,

It seems you like to piggy back off Mental Addiction any chance you get. Man up and admit the mistakes you have made here instead of trying to "divert" the attention to Mental Addiction. I know MAM has admitted there mistakes and from what I have seen have been "Slowly" resolving them.
    2002 P5

Like Mario Andretti, cause he always drives a car well.....

Quote Originally Posted by 65racecoupe
    Ken,

It seems you like to piggy back off Mental Addiction any chance you get. Man up and admit the mistakes you have made here instead of trying to "divert" the attention to Mental Addiction. I know MAM has admitted there mistakes and from what I have seen have been "Slowly" resolving them.
    i have never 'piggy backed' off MAM and do not even know what you mean by that?

i only made that statement because MAM was brought up as a comparison above by a new member in this very thread. (see post 2) i did man up to the error and have also posted some revised and concise contact info here; http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...45#post2868145

which, since you brought it up now, is more than MAM has ever done here, no offense.
    Last edited by Captain KRM P5; 12-19-2006 at 02:28 AM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

i only made that statement because MAM Was brought up as a comparison above by a new member in this very thread. i did man up to the error and have also posted some revised and concise contact info here; http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...45#post2868145

which, since you brought it up now, is more than MAM has ever done here, no offense.

If you think about it, that so called "New Member" is nothing more than another name for a current member.
    As for MAM and there problems, I can not comment as I'm not MAM. However I have seen several posts of yours where you like to bring them up. Looks like a crutch. Like," I know I have made mistakes, but look MAM makes worse than me." That's how it looks. It also looks like you are following right in MAM's steps. More business, adding members for support, phone lines, etc. Let me guess your next problem, shipping times. You going to pone that off too?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2003 Mazdaspeed Protegé

I'll share my experiences with ProtegeGarage:
    I've purchased my turbo, Microtech, LSD, flywheel, clutch, speedo-gears, AEM wideband, and turbo timer. Honestly, I'd say I'm 100% satisfied with the service I received from Ken. The only complaint I would have is there was one instance where I waited longer than usual for something to ship. I called Ken, and he took care of it promptly. There have been times where I had difficulties getting ahold of him on the phone, but he'd find me on AIM.

I've been so satisfied with my experiences with ProtegeGarage, that I've sent more than a couple friends to him for business.

2018 Mazda CX-5 GT-AWD
    2003 Mazdaspeed Protegé #530
    2013 Mazda3
    2002 Mazda Protegé5

If you think about it, that so called "New Member" is nothing more than another name for a current member.
    ??? uh, what ???

as for the rest of your post, my reps can actually reach me, i have an email address i reply to, i actively post in response to all comments positive or negative, my website is up for people to find me.

if you think i will honestly turn out like the aforementioned then i will happily spend the next couple years proving that wrong.

Registered Member ghetto waggon's Avatar

2003 Protege5, Yellow.

Looks like sombody's got his shit together

I didn't mean to start a war. I don't have an unresolved issue that I need tended to.

65, I think that businesses like MAM and Andy Wagner, among others, can't handle the cyclic flow of sales and end up not being able to continue to run a tight ship.

Having this happening (recurringly), as you have highlighted, definitely drops the daily operating standards for (all) others seeing as how they can get by just being "better" than the competition. Thats all it usually takes.

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto waggon
    Looks like sombody's got his shit together

I didn't mean to start a war. I don't have an unresolved issue that I need tended to.
    thanks

you didn't start a war, i just wish i knew in the AIM chat we had how upset you were and that it had not gotten to this point.

??? uh, what ???

as for the rest of your post, my reps can actually reach me, i have an email address i reply to, i actively post in response to all comments positive or negative, my website is up for people to find me.

if you think i will honestly turn out like the aforementioned then i will happily spend the next couple years proving that wrong.
    As I have said in my previous posts, I'm not hear to defend or criticize MAM. You once again are comparing. Only time will tell how you do, but it looks like you are doing the same things to try and correct problems that arise with growth.

As I have said in my previous posts, I'm not hear to defend or criticize MAM. You once again are comparing. Only time will tell how you do, but it looks like you are doing the same things to try and correct problems that arise with growth.
    i have to make at least some comparison to differentiate for what was insinuated above, how is that a crime? if i was doing the 'same things', no one would have my number, my reps would not be able to reach me and my website would disappear. thats really all there is to that. but i appreciate your concern and will file it away as something to strive to avoid.

2003 Mazdaspeed Protegé

so, what do you suggest he do? Predict the future?

i have to make at least some comparison to differentiate for what was insinuated above, how is that a crime? if i was doing the 'same things', no one would have my number, my reps would not be able to reach me and my website would disappear. thats really all there is to that. but i appreciate your concern and will file it away as something to strive to avoid.

There is nothing to COMPARE yourself to. Why would you even put yourself in the same sentense with someone you think so lowly of? Maybe it's a front.

AKA tengoestetempo

2002 Protege5

im guessing this guys with MAM???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast