Mazdaspeed OEM Wastegate actuator = $$$$$$$$

wow

thats how much they are from mazda?!?!?! im glad i bought an extended warranty because mines either stuck about half way open or its toast like yours man and if they dont wanna cover it im gonna raise hell becasue i didnt pay an extra 1500 for a 100k mile warranty for nothing.

Last edited:
Warlock2X said:
thats how much they are from mazda?!?!?! im glad i bought an extended warranty because mines either stuck about half way open or its toast like yours man and if they dont wanna cover it im gonna raise hell becasue i didnt pay an extra 1500 for a 100k mile warranty for nothing.

well go break some s***, get your warranties worth haha.

MSP608 said:
well go break some s***, get your warranties worth haha.

already have, the front driver strut is dying due to terrible streets where i live. and theres a leak in the turbo oil turbo return line, not to mention the "hardpipes" breaking where they usually so.

**need help**

I have holes in my wastegate actuator. This is keeping me from passing emissions. Is it safe to blokck off the wastegate temporarily to pass emmisions? If so can someone tell me the safest way? Any and all help will be appreciated!!!

sounds like someone has an experience to share?

neither the forge nor the ATP is as good as OEM, but as stated, the prices are ludicrious.

The stock WGA is a piece of crap, mine went bad at 30k miles. I now have 40k on my forge wga and it is still working like a charm

Nothing oem is worth the money. Their replacement turbo manifold is over $1000 for a cheap s*** casting. BTW you are always better off spending money on tools rather than mechanics. Buy the tools and learn how to do stuff yourself because it isnt that hard.

Well I just finished the ATP WGA install.I still have my idle issues. Gonna go get some vacuum hoses to see how that goes. I dunno if the new WGA is bad or what. Peaks at 9-10psi and settles at 6psi..feels stronger though.

any fuel cut after replacing the WGA? did you get the forge WGA? it has different selection of springs that may alter your spike

Me? I got the ATP WGA, but I have some underlying issues going on vacuum related i think.

I am currently thinking about purchasing the ATP wastegate for my 2003 MSP and plan on doing the replacement myself. Are there any detailed pictures/descriptions I can use to make this as easy as possible? After reading the How-To already posted, I am still nervous about doing it since I have minimal experience. Thanks for help!

Just be careful not to lose the c clip. It's tiny, hard to see when you drop it. Which I have a few times..

Thank you sir! Just trying to get familiar with what actually needs to be done to remove the wastegate actuator as well as replacing it (besides removing the necessary parts to reach it).

Latest posts

Back