Stiffen your Mazda 3 rear engine mount - for $4

su.... s-t-r-e-e-t u-n-i-t has free shipping as well as protege garage, for when you decide to go with a different mount. I say when because you know if it feels this good now, how much better will it feel with a diff mount, lol

I'm getting the trz dogbone, but I've heard good things about the su mount, just so you know....

WoooHooo $4Dol lar

Damn I wish I would of seen this before I took my battery out to get to the O2, I guess I'll just wait to hook my test pipe up until I get the epoxy for the mount and do it all @ once. Kudos on the repost(yippy)(boobs2)

Forgive me for raising the dead here, but I saw the 'stiffen your shifter' thread and came here figuring I'd do them both!

Will I need to lift the car up to get this done? My dad has a heavy duty car jack that we've used before, but if I can get to the motor mount without doing so that would be awesome. Or are there pics someone can provide?

Is everyone still enjoying the effects of the mod? Everything going smooth?

Many thanks!

Forgive me for raising the dead here, but I saw the 'stiffen your shifter' thread and came here figuring I'd do them both!

Will I need to lift the car up to get this done? My dad has a heavy duty car jack that we've used before, but if I can get to the motor mount without doing so that would be awesome. Or are there pics someone can provide?

Many thanks!

I think this is what your looking for Link.

Next time look around a little more.

Many thanks!
Yea, everything is like the first day, no problems what so ever.(nana)

1 year and holding!

Last edited:
Yea, everything is like the first day, no problems what so ever.(nana)

1 year and holding!

Hey I was just gonna ask you how your mount was holding up.....and you answered before I could even say anthing....I'm gonna give it a shot....thanks....oh and I know someone asked this already, but i think it was for a non speed3 vehicle.....but where can I find this mount? sorry, I'm a noob still...

Hey I was just gonna ask you how your mount was holding up.....and you answered before I could even say anthing....I'm gonna give it a shot....thanks....oh and I know someone asked this already, but i think it was for a non speed3 vehicle.....but where can I find this mount? sorry, I'm a noob still...

its pretty easy to spot. Get your car on jack stands, and you should be able to see it. It's actually a tranny mount. It looks the same as it does on the pictures.

Just got this at Home Depot....it says 2000lbs. psi. I'm gonna do it tomorrow... Hope it works as well as the other brand...
pix.jpg

k im in the process of finishing. its now drying up and for now till its dry im riding with a MS3 motor mount on! its better that the M3S but hopefully the epoxy gel will make it way better!

completly wasted one epoxy glue bc i didnt cover the buttom part (hand)

but put some tape on the buttom and got it ready to go.
cant wait to try it on. which prob wont be till Wednesday afternoon... (i got class tonight and work all day tomorrow..)

(drive2)(drive2)

fuk dat... this has turned out harder that i thought. i taped the buttom part n now i checked n its comin out the buttom... this s*** is wack idk how u guys got it to dry up.. if anyone has a easy way to explain it go for it... as of now i wasted 8 bucks..

fuk dat... this has turned out harder that i thought. i taped the buttom part n now i checked n its comin out the buttom... this s*** is wack idk how u guys got it to dry up.. if anyone has a easy way to explain it go for it... as of now i wasted 8 bucks..

my opinion..... its a waste of time, go ahead an cough up $100 for a mount and forget about it. Or go with the corksport inserts for like $35

my opinion..... its a waste of time, go ahead an cough up $100 for a mount and forget about it. Or go with the corksport inserts for like $35
(iagree)
same here jut felt like trying it out. im usually dont try stuff like this out but u could say i was bored lol plus i dnt feel like spendin 100 bucks right now.. for now im just goin to kep using the Speed3 motor mount i have on which seems to be doin the job!

if anyone has "how to" pictures of the process please! post em!!!

but for know i have wasted my time and money bc that s*** spilled all out through the buttom (yes i had it covered) but the glue is too thick n heavy..(braindead

Worked fine for me on a speed 3 mount. Were you trying to do this on a standard 3 mount?

For the spillage just use a couple layers of tape and set the thing on a piece of cardboard - you'll still have to peel that off, but whatever.

As for a $100- mount, I'd rather spend the money elsewhere, so I'm all about doing a cheap mod myself if I can. And I'd bet money my epoxy mount is hella stiffer than the corksport inserts.

Worked fine for me on a speed 3 mount. Were you trying to do this on a standard 3 mount?

For the spillage just use a couple layers of tape and set the thing on a piece of cardboard - you'll still have to peel that off, but whatever.

As for a $100- mount, I'd rather spend the money elsewhere, so I'm all about doing a cheap mod myself if I can. And I'd bet money my epoxy mount is hella stiffer than the corksport inserts.

i did use tape! what tape did u use?
and how long did it take to dry? did u do all the glue at one time or id u put it in layers so it would dry faster?

i did use tape! what tape did u use?
and how long did it take to dry? did u do all the glue at one time or id u put it in layers so it would dry faster?

Epoxy does not "dry". It cures in a 2 part chemical reaction. Thickness does not change the cure time. The correct ratio and thorough mixing are very important. Do not try to mix it in the mount.
-enganear

Epoxy does not "dry". It cures in a 2 part chemical reaction. Thickness does not change the cure time. The correct ratio and thorough mixing are very important. Do not try to mix it in the mount.
-enganear

k so excuse me if i sound retarted lol but wat ur tryin to say is to mix it first??? or just to squeeze the gel into the mount and let it sit tthere?

what i did was exactly like this..
took the motormount off... taped the buttom part with clear thick paking tape... squezed the 2 bottles of epoxy gel inside and i let it sit for the longest time.. then when it sarted dripping out after an hour or two i tried taping it more and it kept dripping out. i left it alone and still havent looked at it... who know if it dried up or not...

Back