feel like my MS6 lost sum power???

snooky

:
Mazdaspeed6 GT
it doesn't even have 3000 cliks on it yet, but im not getting that pull n e more, well not as much as when i just got it. is there any octane booster that'll release the lost HP, and is this a common problem?

snooky

Sometimes I feel that way as well. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that this car is so much faster than my old one. When I first got into it I felt like I was driving a race car. As time goes on it starts to feel normal and you start questioning whether there is something wrong. Go test drive a car that you dont intend to buy that has decent performance. Then you will appreciate the power of the Speed6 again. I recently drove an RDX which supposedly gets 0-60 in 6.8 seconds and it felt downright slow.

snooky said:
it doesn't even have 3000 cliks on it yet, but im not getting that pull n e more, well not as much as when i just got it. is there any octane booster that'll release the lost HP, and is this a common problem?

snooky

Very common. You are used to it now. Time for mods!!!(ughdance)

getting used to it is certainly part of it. But I feel the same way too. Heck it is in the shop right now getting checked over. I'm wondering too if and when the AWD goes into "snow mode", if it kills some of the power somehow. We are supposed to have a Normal, sport, and snow mode. I'm wondering what the diff is and if it's determined by wheel slippage or outside temp? or wha?

Seems to me you would loose power in snow mode. You are turning alot more hardware under the car.

Newf said:
getting used to it is certainly part of it. But I feel the same way too. Heck it is in the shop right now getting checked over. I'm wondering too if and when the AWD goes into "snow mode", if it kills some of the power somehow. We are supposed to have a Normal, sport, and snow mode. I'm wondering what the diff is and if it's determined by wheel slippage or outside temp? or wha?

this may sound like a dumb Q but is this "snow mode" turned on manualy or automatic?

and ya i deffinatly need to start modding in the spring!

My car seems to have 2 different personalities. Some days I'll get in it and while it feels fast, it doesn't feel as fast as it should. Other days, or sometimes even on the return trip from wherever I went it pulls much harder in the lower gears. I guess that's the problem with having everything so computerized. I kept my 1998 Nissan Altima as my daily driver so I don't get "used" to the speed, which is nice. I just wish the Speed6 performed a little more consistently.

There's no doubt about it. Part of it is most certainly getting used to the power, but a lot of it is the tuning, Mazda is still lacking in proper tuning of this car, and it doesn't adapt well to changing climates/conditions, so the power does in fact fluctuate. This is also common in high hp , smaller displacement cars, as they never have the consistency of naturally aspirated engines. The car is really tweaked for high HP, and that's why a big part of why the power is inconsistent.

If and when they get to a point where 270hp is easily obtainable and accurate on this engine, we'll see a better running machine. Right now Mazda is still behind in getting this engine running perfect. and jumped the gun with their tuning, before the engine was really ready for this jump in power. This is what happens with brand new engines making this much power. It takes time before they get it near perfection.. This is also why there are reflashes. They simply have to play catchup now, and work out the kinks. Hopefully Cobb will be able to tune this car better, and give it the consistent power it deserves. I can't wait. :)

Back