Mazda Likes To Screw Us

elderlycoffee

:
2007 Sunlight Silver mazdaspeed 3
I bought my MS3 about two months ago.
On the sticker it clearly said I was getting a 6 disc cd changer with 7 bose speakers...
I didn't.
I talked to our dealer and the dealer said that mazda is all about the "mazdaspeed" and does not let any other company badge their product on the mazda. I took him outside and showed him one of the MS6 they were selling and guess what, It says Bose right there on the speakers. He then tells us that it's not their problem talk to mazda.
After two weeks trying to get ahold of mazda We're told that the problem will be fixed.
Another two weeks down the road we get a $100.00 mazda gift certificate in the mail. This simply does not cut it so we call back. I tell the guy that they need to give me the radio and speakers because thats what was on the sticker and thats what we bought and he tells us he'll call us back by the end of the day.
We didn't hear from him
We finally got a call today and the guy told us that after talking to "the people in charge" he simply cannot give us what we want and offered us $500.00 worth of dealer gift certificates to get our oil changed.
I told him once more that it dosn't cut it and I have already spoken to my attorney.

My attorney has suggested that we sue mazda and the dealer, We're also going to the Better Business Bureau on the complaint to both mazda and the dealer.

Clearly Mazda does not want to admit their fault and they are going to pay for it.
(enguard)

(first)

Soo, huh? You didn't get what? You're saying the speakers aren't Bose speakers, is that the issue?

I'm just a bit confused.

Foolish said:
Soo, huh? You didn't get what? You're saying the speakers aren't Bose speakers, is that the issue?

I'm just a bit confused.

or the 6 disc cd changer.

If the ms3 is a GT and doesn't have the Bose option, then it's not a GT. Mazda must've screwed up at the assembly line. They should credit your account or at least give you the cash for the system that you payed for but didn't recieve. It's false advertising if the sticker says Bose Sound system under options, yet the car doesn't have it. Mazda has to make good for it. I'd see if I could get the cash for it and get an aftermarket system, because from what i've read the bose systems really aren't all that great sounding. Good luck!

did you call mazda north america? they would be more helpful than a local dealer. local dealers are always trying to skimp out on what they can. hope it all gets resolved.

If you haven't already gone to MazdaUSA corp, do so. They do not want you to go there. The "People in charge" isn't anybody. Make sure you move up the ladder.....keep moving up and up....talk directly to the "people in charge" don't let some service tech or your salesman give you the run around.

did you purchase a GT or a Sport? On the sport its not available. The GT is the trim level that has the Bose w/ 6-CD.

We've called the mazda number, whatever number that is.
I have a sport. But my sticker clearly said i was getting it, I can scan it for you guys if you want.
Mazda said they cant give us cash that all they can do is give us a $500.00 mazda gift certificate. That does not even come close because there is absolutely nothing I can purchase with that certificate.

We know now that the sport dosnt come with that. But we bought the car literally off the truck as an impusle buy because we were out looking at Si's the same day.

I don't know about you but I firmly believe that if it says it on the sticker, I should have it.

So I'm taking it you got the Sport? it doesn't come with it but it was listed, did you pay for the option and how much was it listed for? if you paid for it than they should re-emberse you

Not sure if we "paid" for it but there is a small chance I wouldnt have even bought the car if it didn't say 6 disc on the sticker. I wear my ipod nearly 24/7 and music is a BIG deal to me.

The dealer needs to install the Bose system in your car. Who pays for it is none of your concern. It's in their best interest to do this, because installing it will cost them much less in the long run than dealing with a lawsuit and paying for your lawyer.

In any case, take this issue up with mazda of north america, bypass your dealer completely. If you allready have, and I missed it I am sorry. Hope you get it resolved. :)

just another thought, but I woudl verify the window sticker (assuming thats what you meant by "sticker") is for your vehicle. Check the VIN # listed against your own and verify that the window sticker does indeed say Sport with those options listed.

Post it if you got pictures of it, Im just tryin to help you out. Sorry to hear what happened, like they said I would go to MNAO and skip the dealer.

I'll get a scan in the next 10-15 minutes. We went to the dealer about this issue initially and they said they werent going to help us so we called the mazda number in our manual.

img024.jpg

elderlycoffee said:

could you possibly upload it onto mazdas247.com and reattach? Im @ work and cant see the pic. Photobucket is blocked. My internet @ home is non-existant @ the moment.

OOOOPPPPSS!!! (omg)

Wow! That is a big mess up by Mazda! I betcha there is an internal memo around Mazda about this one!

Not sure what Mazda will do about this one, I am very curious.

Follow this through with Mazda, Keep us posted!

Back