Has anyone had experience with this?

9Hooker

:
AWD CX-7
JL Audio CL441DSP

http://www.abtelectronics.com/product/19995.html

Creates 8v line level, flat frequency response outputs via high level speaker input.

Don't wanna loose your steering wheel controls or muddle up your nice looking dash but still want to add after market amplifiers?

Has anyone tried it? I'm very tempted since no one makes a dash kit yet and I'm a bit of an audiophile...

The only downside is that it has 2 outputs. Have you looked at the Rockford Fosgate 360.2? It is pretty sweet, has all the eq and xovers you could want.

it has 2 sets of outputs, 4 channels... it also has 2 line level inputs for ipod/satellite, etc.

Maybe you don't understand what this does? It takes your crap OEM headunit and converts the signals into 1) a flat response, and 2) a clean 8v output to go to amplifier(s).

This is not a standalone system, it still would require an amp.

he understands what it is

both of those setups are stupidly overpriced in my opinion
if you want EQ and Xovers to set up a better SQ system, then you shouldn't be using the very limited OEM HU with it's inferior DAC, then asking the expensive processor to ADC, process, then DAC again. It really defeats the purpose of better SQ.

LOC is the simple and much cheaper approach to use the OEM HU:
http://www.davidnavone.com/adaptor_products.htm

Then use the amp's on-board Xovers to HP or LP.

... just googled up the first 360.2 and it was an amp. that's where the confusion was.

But for $150, that JL piece is a steal.

For $29.95....

The NE-774V is a competition quality, four-channel OEM to aftermarket stereo adaptor that was designed to connect the speaker level outputs of a factory deck into the pre-amp level inputs of an aftermarket equalizer, electronic crossover, or power amplifier. The signal level of the NE-774V can be adjusted from a maximum of 9.5 Volts rms down to zero volts. The NE-774V replaces our previous N-774V and the main difference is in the Plug and Play wiring and connectors. The circuitry is identical to the 2-channel N-7V and N-777. Notice that the signal level adjustment pots are inside the plastic enclosure. Simply squeeze the lid for access to the adjustment pots. Turning the pots clockwise increases the signal level. We recommend leaving the internal pots at the maximum level unless there is a good reason to decrease the level. The NE-774V features full transformer isolation with a maximum useable signal level, and a smooth frequency response -- which means more signal and less noise. The NE-774V includes compensation for both frequency and phase with no loss of bass or treble. The maximum signal level output of the NE-774V is 9.5 Volts per channel. This is an incredible level and amounts to over 4 times the signal level of a typical aftermarket deck with only 2 Volts of signal. The NE-774V is the best LOC (Line Output Converter) in the world.

NE774Vb.jpg

To be honest I would like to use the gear I pulled out of my trade in

(alpine HU/Sirius/iPod/RF amp)

but.... I like the steering wheel controls, the clock and the little upfront thingy, as well as merta and scosche(sp?) don't have dash kits out yet....

ok, so for that price am I getting a flat freq response? not so much. I'm just getting an amplified crap signal (IMO) from the factory head unit. what I see is in essence turning the factory HU into a flat (most important to me) high voltage clean input for an amp, which is what the JL unit offers.

hell, my RF amp has high level inputs right on it... that's not the point.

Last edited:
I hear you, it's a tough choice.

I finally decided to get it with the Bose system and sell my previous SQ system:

Clarion DRZ9255
Arc Audio 4150XXK
Oz Audio ME 180CS
Image Dynamics IDQ12

I went the aftermarket route, but installed everything so that I can go back stock again. See this thread:http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123643250

In addition to the gear in my sig, I also have a pair of Alpine spx-107r(4inch) comps that I'm going to install along with my 6 1/2 up front for a 3 way system. I'm looking really hard at that RF 360.2 for all the eq and xover built in, I look at it as an updated epx/symmetry. Hell, I might even fool around with throwing the stock hu back in after I get the rf piece, just to see the difference. It's not that hard to wire a system into the car, I think some engineer at mazda saw that we might do that, outside of the stock hu, everything else is very ready for aftermarket upgrades.

Back