My CX7 Got Hit at the DEALERSHIP!

motopilot

:
CX-7 Sport Platinum Silver, 2002 Protege
Yes i cannot believe it. It is in for its first checkup and i get a call that it was hit by a towtruck. Corey Fairbanks Mazda is saying it is not their fault and are not really helping on the customer service side. The customer service lady was doing great until she told my wife "The general manager said that's why you have insurance, plus we are not responsible for any damage to your car because it states that when you sign the paperwork". There are really leaving us hanging right now. The car is only a couple months old with 2000 miles on it. The tailgate and rear quarter panel both have to be replaced. Be careful bring any Mazda to Corey Fairbanks Mazda as who knows what could happen. Sorry just had to vent.

Attachments

• d1.JPG
    d1.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 529
  • d2.JPG
    d2.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 513
You know accidents happen, like anywhere else. It is not the dealerships fault that a tow truck driver who works for someone else and you blame mazda. I know it's your car and all but it will get fixed free of charge so you should be so hesitant to put forth blame when they are taking care of you. They could have been dicks and not said a word...

I feel your pain...but technically it's the tow truck driver's fault, right?
So who owns the two truck?

Sorry to hear - luckily everyone's okay! That's the most important thing.

It sucks though and I can only image how mad and bummed you are!

Sorry to hear about this, always sucks when an accident happens.

Go after the tow truck that did this. The dealership really doesn't have anything to do with it, they just happen to be the place where your vehicle was parked. That'd be like going after McDonalds for your bumper being smashed in while you're in their drive thru.

The dealership should be more than willing to help you to get into contact with who did it, that's about as far as they probably need to get involved.

I agree with everyone's comments, however it seems like the dealership wants to be a part of this. I am going down there later today to check more out. WIll keep you posted.

Very simple contact your insurance AND tell them what and ehre it happened AND that the dealership won't tell you the name of the tow truck driver. Let the insurance company mess with the dealership, and then sue the tow truck for you deductable.....BUT TELL THE INSURANCE COMPANY.THAT YOUR RATES BETTER NOE CHANGE.

I worked in the insurance business for a long time, so a little advice...

Since there were no injuries, I would first off try to work with the towing company's insurance company. Most of the time they are more than willing to work with you. Generally speaking, when their insured is at fault, they will do a better job at taking care of you than your own insurance company.

In my recent accident, there was a dispute between the 3rd and 4th vehicles. The 3rd vehicle said he was stopped, but the 2nd vehicle and me (1st vehicle) felt two impacts, which leads us to believe vehicle 3 hit vehicle 2 first, and then vehicle 4 came crashing in. Since there was a dispute, I had to go through my own insurance company (or wait months for them to work it out).

Since I went through my own company, I was responsible for my $250 deductible. I will get that back EVENTUALLY when my insurance company is reimbursed, but it could take months. Also, because I needed a rental car, my company pays 80% of my rental car expenses. I had the rental for 16 days (before giving up and buying my CX-7) and it cost me $122 out of pocket. If I had filed the claim against the responsible party's insurance, it would have come out of his liability and been covered 100%.

If all else fails, by all means use your insurance company. That's what they're there for. However, if you can get the towing company's insurance to take care of this, you may be better off in the long run.

Hope this helps... good luck!

Fairbanks claims they are doing everything to take car of the problem. However, they do not have a reputable body guy. The people they use are OK but not the best as told to me by the customer service rep. All I want is my car back without damage. We already have a rental car given to us as a loaner (from Fairbanks) while the car was in to maintence which we were told to keep for now. They said the towtruck companies's insurance is taking care of everything but it is just frustrating. I feel as though I am getting nothing out of the dealer for this. The example above about driving through the Mcdonald's is not the same. I left the car at the dealership, it is THEIR responsibility to take care of it.

1. get a lawyer
2. u have ur choice to fix the car anywhere, no matter what the tow trucks ins co says, its their fault, they r liable for the damage to your vehicle

Dealing with the ins company yourself, without representation, is not a good idea.

(i am a lawyer, i own a firm, and i am not saying this so u have to go pay someone else, but if u dont have representation u r leaving urself at the mercy of the @SS hole INS CO.) (and they r never your friend)

u may make out ok, but u never know.

Here's the lastest update on my saga. I found a local body shop that does excellent work and Amazing customer service. The car is over there now and being taken care of. I got a call from AAA which damaged the car and they are all set, do whatever it takes to make you happy attitude. Again they are trying to make the best of the situation. Now for Corey Fairbanks. The customer service rep is trying her best, although she is now the brightest girl. She is doing everything she can to make me happy but the lack of communciation in that dealership is amazing. I got a call yesterday from a girl in the serivce department claiming the part I ordered was in and my cacr would be ready today. LOL ahh what part did I order? She said the part for the door (I guess the TSB on the door) was in and that everything was all good. Now I was told the car was finished and that everything was done. After she went through some more records she realized that it was a "paper" mistake. She said I could come and get my car. I told her my car was at a body shop because it was damaged in your lot. She have never heard of it. This place is messed up.

Back