Official MazdaSpeed3 Roll Call

Got a Black Mica GT about 3 weeks ago, live in Richardson, TX (DFW). I traded in a 04 6MT RX8 with about 36k miles on it. 8 was a great car but I got one with constant small issues and when I saw this car on one of my services visits I fell in love, did some research for a couple of months because I was considering the MS6 as well. Anyways love the speed 3, got it tinted already but just feel like I have not driven it enough. Been traveling alot for work and the wife has been driving it and loves it as well. She'll be sad when she has to go back to her explorer next week.

Really done nothing yet other than added a CB radio. Saved me many times from high speed driving awards. Putting in XM soon. I've been a truck driver for 26 years and put a ton of miles in my cars. Owned some serious American iron in the past and this car is amazing.

Mazdaspeed 3
Cosmic Blue, GT w/Nav
Fountain Valley, Ca.

Just picked up 2 days ago from dealer in Tustin -
Almost through 1st tank of gas
Feels like driving a motorcycle.... That much fun!!!

Last edited:
MS3 - Black Mica
Purchased: 10/31/06

I have really enjoyed the ride so far! Soooo much fun. It's like an addiction. Oh wait it is an addiction.
(drive)

ZoomRedZoomGT said:
I picked up my True Red MS3 GT. Wow what a lil rocket. I love this car. And it looks good next to my black 82 Vette. lol
Hi all! Jacksonville Fl. here.

Are you on or near Hodges blvd? Cosmic Blue sport, same area....

True Red MS3 GT

Looking to update with Cold Air Intake, Exhaust

... Traded in my SRT4 and this baby outperforms it by quite a bit!

Hard to find these suckers, only one dealer in DC Metro had any, and I bought last one on lot (they had a blue Touring coming off the truck as I pulled out though). Dealer originally wanted 2k OVER MSRP. Got them down to a tad below.

-Texas Toke

TexasToke said:
True Red MS3 GT

Hard to find these suckers, only one dealer in DC Metro had any, and I bought last one on lot (they had a blue Touring coming off the truck as I pulled out though). Dealer originally wanted 2k OVER MSRP. Got them down to a tad below.

-Texas Toke

sweet! welcome!

I guess this puts an end to the ms3 vs. srt4 debate lol

dread said:
congrats, any specifics on how it out performs an srt 4

HAHAHA you are a "comparison" Junkie.

BTW I just passed the 600 mark so I will be driving a bit more spirited now and will soon have your EVO vs MS3 Comparo... Also I have a TEMEVO picnic this Sunday (Evolution owner's) Nobody in my club knows about the new daily driver yet so I am springing the surprise on them and I should get a few more comments from them too.

TexasToke said:
True Red MS3 GT

-Texas Toke

Welcome!!

Evo Scooter said:
HAHAHA you are a "comparison" Junkie.

BTW I just passed the 600 mark so I will be driving a bit more spirited now and will soon have your EVO vs MS3 Comparo... Also I have a TEMEVO picnic this Sunday (Evolution owner's) Nobody in my club knows about the new daily driver yet so I am springing the surprise on them and I should get a few more comments from them too.

Man you got me pegged, thanks for remembering, looking foward for your review. How do you think your buddies will react to your new ride.

dread said:
Man you got me pegged, thanks for remembering, looking foward for your review. How do you think your buddies will react to your new ride.

Honestly I think they will react well. These are a greaat bunch of guys and we have a STi owner and an SRT owner in the bunch. All mature without any ricer garbage. We go to car shows and AutoXs together. One of the members suggested a Speed3 to one of our former Ralliart owners that wanted something faster. I think they will take it pretty well. They will also probably want to take it out for a spin.

I am still getting a feel for how the MS3 drives compared to the SRT4... but my overall impression is that the Mazda is much smoother ride, handles curves and lane changes MUCH better than the SRT, and outaccelerates as well. However the SRT even though a bit slower seems to have a stronger "pull"... though I think that's just because the Mazda's accelaration is much smoother and less "noticeable" to the driver.

One thing I love... the SRT had the turning radius of a brick. Seriously... have you ever tried to do a U-turn in one? They suck! It always kind of irked me that I couldn't turn sharply enough to do a U-Turn on most roads without having to do a quick reverse and back.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm loving the MS3 so far (only just over 500 miles now...) and the only thing I am looking to change soon is the stereo... the stock CD player and speakers is lacking compared to the Kicker system my SRt4 came with.

Silver MS3 Sport

No immediate plans for upgrades other than tint and car cover
Eventually will prob. do the stereo upgrade

150 miles on it so far (two days)....

(Yes Ill edit avatar pic once I take pictures of the car.... gotta love seing a Mustang and M3 getting smoked tho ;-) )

Back