Scratch Removal Step by Step?

vinnie mack

:
2003.5 MazdaSpeed Protege
Hey guys washing my car yesterday i found some lovely.. ohhhh lovely scratches where it looks like someone has dragged grocery bags or hand bags down the side near the driver's rear door. Funny thing is i park near nobody, not a soul so i tried blaming people in the house... didn't work.

I know they aren't deep and I do have a high speed buffer, does anyone have a step by step guide they wanna write and what products to use to remove the scratches? they are driving me up the wall!.

Thanks

You say you have a high-speed buffer....exactly what type of machine are you referring to? Orbital? Rotary? Pneumatic???
What kinds of pads and products do you have for it already? Have you removed scratches with it before?

Can you feel these scratches with your fingernail?

Ya, a little more info. on what the scratches are like will go a long way in being able to recommend both product and process.

Well, if it's not too deep, try using 3M swirl marks and scratch remover, it helped remove some new swirl marks and stuff on my dad's car and helped remove some minor scratches on my car. Not bad stuff if for light stuff, but otherwise can't help except fine sand paper, toothpicks, and a good polish to repaint it. (and lots of practice or it'll look like crap)

Back