MazdaSpeed Dealers and Mazda Dealers?

Vermilion

:
07' MazdaSpeed 3 Black GT
Can regular Mazda dealers perform Warranty work on a MazdaSpeed? I ask this as the closest MazdaSpeed dealer is a cool 2 hour drive one way. I DO however have 3 buddies who work at the local Mazda dealership 2 1/2 miles from my house.

Also, what about a regular Mazda dealer ordering me a MazdaSpeed? Out of state taxes are killer.

Vermilion said:
Can regular Mazda dealers perform Warranty work on a MazdaSpeed? I ask this as the closest MazdaSpeed dealer is a cool 2 hour drive one way. I DO however have 3 buddies who work at the local Mazda dealership 2 1/2 miles from my house.

Also, what about a regular Mazda dealer ordering me a MazdaSpeed? Out of state taxes are killer.

The technicians should be trained or at least have access to materials so they can properly work on the Speeds. I'd ask your buddies at the closer shop to be sure...have them check around and ask your question for you when they're at work.

However, non-Mazdaspeed authorized dealers cannot sell brand new Mazdaspeeds. In fact, if they are not authorized, Mazda will not allow them to even order a Speed. You think the out-of-state taxes are bad, I still can't get over the mandatory $5,000 over sticker that most dealers are demanding.

Moonman8 said:
The technicians should be trained or at least have access to materials so they can properly work on the Speeds. I'd ask your buddies at the closer shop to be sure...have them check around and ask your question for you when they're at work.

However, non-Mazdaspeed authorized dealers cannot sell brand new Mazdaspeeds. In fact, if they are not authorized, Mazda will not allow them to even order a Speed. You think the out-of-state taxes are bad, I still can't get over the mandatory $5,000 over sticker that most dealers are demanding.

5000! **** that! The MS3 is nice but, for 5000 more than a GT you could get an evo/sti. Course i'm actually selling my 05 STi for somethng cheaper (600 a month sucks when tryin to save for a house) and more comfy. Guess i'll just have to order one and if they try and pull that s*** on me.. shove my foot up their ass lol.

Vermilion said:
5000! **** that! The MS3 is nice but, for 5000 more than a GT you could get an evo/sti. Course i'm actually selling my 05 STi for somethng cheaper (600 a month sucks when tryin to save for a house) and more comfy. Guess i'll just have to order one and if they try and pull that s*** on me.. shove my foot up their ass lol.

I work at a Mazdaspeed authorized dealership and we have sold one MS3 that was pre-ordered in July and he still had to pay our bulls*** $5,000 markup. He ended up paying close to $28,000 for the car, not including any extended warranties or other things.

I was thinking the same thing about getting an Evo or STI for the same money essentially. The dealers are taking away from Mazdas plan of making a car that would compare to the Evo and STI but for less money...sucks major ass. I can't even avoid the $5,000 markup and I'm a goddamn employee of Mazda AND the dealership!

Moonman8 said:
I work at a Mazdaspeed authorized dealership and we have sold one MS3 that was pre-ordered in July and he still had to pay our bulls*** $5,000 markup. He ended up paying close to $28,000 for the car, not including any extended warranties or other things.

I was thinking the same thing about getting an Evo or STI for the same money essentially. The dealers are taking away from Mazdas plan of making a car that would compare to the Evo and STI but for less money...sucks major ass. I can't even avoid the $5,000 markup and I'm a goddamn employee of Mazda AND the dealership!

Guess that VW GTI MKV i've been looking at with teh MS3 is looking like a better choice. I really want a MS3 more though. I mean.. I want a Cosmic Blue MS3 GT with sat radio and dim mirror and on the website thats like 25000.

Vermilion said:
Guess that VW GTI MKV i've been looking at with teh MS3 is looking like a better choice. I really want a MS3 more though. I mean.. I want a Cosmic Blue MS3 GT with sat radio and dim mirror and on the website thats like 25000.

It's funny you say that because the shop I work for is also a VW store.

I can tell you right now that the GTI's are the same price as the MS3 with the markup. GTI's sticker anywhere from $25,000 to $28,000 depending on packaging. Let's not forget that the MS3 won't break but the GTI will make friends with your dealership service department really fast. VW's current marketing strategy of being really safe cars (you've seen the ads with the people just talking randomly and then getting slammed into all of a sudden) is funny because that's the only thing they are good for. The GTI is fast but the MS3 is faster, the GTI is most likely heavier (but I'm not sure of that by any means), and the GTI is uglier than the MS3 IMHO.

Moonman8 said:

I can tell you right now that the GTI's are the same price as the MS3 with the markup. GTI's sticker anywhere from $25,000 to $28,000 depending on packaging. Let's not forget that the MS3 won't break but the GTI will make friends with your dealership service department really fast. VW's current marketing strategy of being really safe cars (you've seen the ads with the people just talking randomly and then getting slammed into all of a sudden) is funny because that's the only thing they are good for. The GTI is fast but the MS3 is faster, the GTI is most likely heavier (but I'm not sure of that by any means), and the GTI is uglier than the MS3 IMHO.

Yes, i'm still looking more at the MS3.. I think i'll just suck it up if a dealer wants to mark it up and see if I can haggle em down some how. I guess it all depends on how much I like the car during test drive also.

Vermilion said:
Ha, my STi will be sold next week.. can't wait 6 months and have no ride.

It took 2.5 months for mine to arrive. Some dealer have them sitting on lots, even if you have to fly and drive it home.

Moonman8 said:

its really funny you say that too cause thats how it is near me too...
VW and Mazda are together at the same store...

Back