Immigrating to US - advice/tips

MyZmZm

ShiftAccelerategrinRepeat
:
'02 Midnight Mica Blue P5
Just wondering if anyone has either immigrated to the US or know of someone who has in the last few years. My bf lives in Wichita, and we are likely getting married next year so I will be moving down there to join him (he's in the National Guard).

We've looked online, and thus far the two visa options that seem to suit our situation best are the fiance and spousal visa's. Obviously, each has their pros and cons, but if anyone can offer some advice, suggestions, or information with regards to me immigrating, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

MyZmZm said:
Just wondering if anyone has either immigrated to the US or know of someone who has in the last few years. My bf lives in Wichita, and we are likely getting married next year so I will be moving down there to join him (he's in the National Guard).

We've looked online, and thus far the two visa options that seem to suit our situation best are the fiance and spousal visa's. Obviously, each has their pros and cons, but if anyone can offer some advice, suggestions, or information with regards to me immigrating, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Didn't NAFTA take care of this? ;) j/k. I'm sure there are a few details, but I believe that getting married for you = citizenship. At least this was in the case of a good friend of mine that married a German citizen and my father-in-law that married a Mexican citizen. Both still had appointments with the INS (now the USCIS) however.

haha, nice Patrick, real nice.

So they had to do the interviews too? What else did they have to do?

Back