Remote start issues

theothermattm

:
2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback
Hi everyone,

New member here. Just purchased a 2007 Mazda3. As part of the deal, the dealer installed a remote start/alarm system. The Owner's manual and key fob say that they're from Mazda.

The past couple of mornings, when I've tried to use the remote start, I press "Lock" and then "Start". All the accessories come on, including the radio, and the tail lights light up, but the engine doesn't actually fire.

Then I'll kill the startup by pressing the "Start" button again, try the remote start again and it'll work.

I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong or if this could be an installation issue. I've read over the manual a couple of times and it seems like I'm doing things right though.

I'll also add that after I agreed to the sale I was a little sketched out by the Dealership.

Any ideas?

This Might Be A Stretch, But Move Your Steering Column In And Out Before Trying It The First Time. When I Installed Mine On My 2005 It Did Not Work Every Time. It Was The Bypass Wiring Inside The Steering Colmun, A Couple Of The Wires Did Not Seat Because The Plug Was Distorted. They Replaced The Loom And All Was Fine.

I install mobile electronics for a living and can tell you as long as you have CAREFULLY read the manual and are doing what it asks you it is probably an install or hardware issue. I am a aftermarket guy and know that the aftermarket stuff works flawlessly if installed properly. Since OEM has gotten into the game I am a little skeptical but the principal is very very basic and has been around since WW1 (literally).

D

Back