GPS Showcase!

maz-duh

:
Mazda 5 - Silver Metalic
My wife and I just purchased a brand new, off the boat, Mazda5 with only 2 miles!! We decided not to get the in-dash GPS it offered and get a portable one because is way more useful, right? Duhhh!!!.

Anyway were considering the following productos: nvi 360, nvi 660, TomTom GO 910, TomTom GO 510

Any opiniones, offers or advice?

maz-duh said:
My wife and I just purchased a brand new, off the boat, Mazda5 with only 2 miles!! We decided not to get the in-dash GPS it offered and get a portable one because is way more useful, right? Duhhh!!!.

Anyway were considering the following productos: nvi 360, nvi 660, TomTom GO 910, TomTom GO 510

Any opiniones, offers or advice?

I don't have one (or see the need) but If I was going to get one I think it would be this model
http://www.navigadget.com/index.php/2006/08/18/canadian-nextar-mn2707-gps-navigation-system/

It has a 7" screen and 30gb HDD

Ehhh... not sure bout that one. It's too BIG to stash away in your car or take as a carry-on. Thx for the suggestion though.

paging_drburgos said:
the built in navi is portable....you can take it anywhere the car goes
;)

lol... you came up with that all by yourself? ..lol... (shocked)

I use the Garmin MAP 76 cs. It has a large colour screen and a lot of memory, plus it makes a decent hand held as well. You can buy a RAM car mount and an external antenna for it at GPScentral.com, or any other dealer.

maz-duh said:
Ehhh... not sure bout that one. It's too BIG to stash away in your car or take as a carry-on. Thx for the suggestion though.

Uhh have you heard to the Echo and sound of the ocean in your glove box lately? There is tons of space in the 5 to "Stash" that thing... 2nd Row seat compartment comes to mind.

I don't know what car that photo was taken in... but the unit is not that larger, and is quite slim unlike the akward shape of some Garmins etc...

MK

Garmin 350

I own the garmin 350. Identical to the 360 but it does not have the bluetooth option for hands free calling. I had a minor problem with it (1 pixel dead) replaced with a new unit. Overall it is a great unit. On a scale of 1-10, I would give it and 8. The directions are very close due to a lot of construction in my area, the user must know the exact address. Good luck with the new 5. :)

Latest posts

Back