New wheels..

here are mine
IMG_1428.jpg

Plus do not go with staggerd wheels and tires. It will throw off the balance of the car.

Also I do not know what your plans are but if you are going to race your car in C-stock in scca you need to have a factory size and width for you wheels.

Last edited:
I think here's the issue with what K-lea is looking for.

#1. STAGGERED FITMENT.

to find a staggered fitment in the 4x100 PCD is going to be difficult. Even mroe difficult if in an entry level budget.

The three wheels I can suggest that are affordable is the Sportmax

006, 009, and 962 as can be seen on our website.

Those wheels come in 17x7, 8, and 9 in the 4x100 PCD.

they are not light but neither were the RH wheels on the MSM.

Your other option would be to go expensive multipiece Japanese where I can custom build the wheel.

That's what i did for my wife's NA6 JRSC miata. We have 17x8.5 front and 9.0 rear with 245/35/17 on all four corners.

YUPS that's right. 245/35/17 IN THE FRONT on a stock body miata. It's all about offset. hehe.

In any case, I suggest you determine your budget and priorities for the wheels. Then we can provide options within those limitations.

I think one of the best options for the Miata is the Enkei RPF1 16x8.0 +38 offset. This wheel only weighs about 12lbs and is incredibly strong.

If you want 17's staggered, cheap, and lightweight it just won't happen. I can get staggered and cheap in very few brands.

So figure out the answers to those questions and from there we can move forward.

If going with 7" front and 8" rear in 17" I suggest tire sizes of 205/40/17 and 215/40/17. Ideally i'd like to have 205/40 front and 225/35 rear. Problem is that the 225/35 is shorter i believe than the 205/40/17.

Peace, Rishie

Pitlab77 said:
here are mine
IMG_1428.jpg

Plus do not go with staggerd wheels and tires. It will throw off the balance of the car.

Also I do not know what your plans are but if you are going to race your car in C-stock in scca you need to have a factory size and width for you wheels.

I'm not going to autox my Miata. I'm going with staggered wheels because that is what was recommended and I've talked to a few Miata owners with staggered wheels. Doesn't seem to affect them.

I've said many times on the forums that running the Miata in a 1/4 is stupid because it defeats the purpose of the car, but I ran it and now that all I want to do.

Last edited:
Rishie,

I have been considering 16's but I'm scared it'll look horrible on my car. I've never really stepped out and done the whole wheel thing. The only wheel change I've had is with my 2001 LS but the wheels were from a Miata of the same body style, the MSM.

It's a big purchase on my part and it can go either way. I can hate it, or love it. It's nerve racking.

Well imho the NA and NB chasis look best with 16's, however ours looks amazing with staggered 17's. It's all because of the color of the wheel. With the black centers it makes the wheel look smaller than a 17 so it fits real well.

In any case the sportmax is the only thing i can find you in staggered 17" and affordable.

Alright. Thank you so much for your help.

I didn't really mind the look of the Sportmax but I got a lot of negative feedback when I linked people to them and that's one thing I don't want.

Why not just get the larger size all the way around? There is not real point in staggering the wheels, unless you are just going for looks. If so.......

Also if you are going straight in a line (drag) then a 15" or 16" 205~225 would serve you better than a 17" wheel. Just because its larger does not mean it will be sticker if you cant find good tires for it. Also some tires have smaller contact area's than others even witht he same measurments. (A falken RT615 is wider than most other tires with the same #s)

But what are you trying to do with the car gives a better way to help us give you suggestions.

For me I have 12 wheels. The ones you see on the car (AVS ES100s), and 2 more sets of stockers 15 wheels (one with 615's and one with R-compounds)

Last edited:
Pitlab77 said:
Why not just get the larger size all the way around? There is not real point in staggering the wheels, unless you are just going for looks. If so.......

Also if you are going straight in a line (drag) then a 15" 205~225 would serve you better than a 16" or 17" wheel. Just because its larger does not mean it will be sticker if you cant find good tires for it. Also some tires have smaller contact area's thanothers even witht he same measurments.

There is a point in staggering the wheels, it'll look nice and make more sense.

As for your other comment, I realize a smaller wheel will be better in a line. I don't do this on a daily basis and I don't intend to have magazine spreads for the fastest MSM, yet. (evil) So I'm not really worried about getting down and dirty at the moment.

I'm trying to keep my looks and still have something that can perform. A 17" just sits right in the "middle" and is as big as I'll go. You also have to realize that a 17 is all I've ever dealt with. Like I said above, I'm nervous to go smaller because I don't want to hate the way it looks.

If I was in your shoes and set on 17's, I would be looking at the Gram Lights:
GRAM_LIGHT_MAXIMUM.jpg

57spro_grey_silver.jpg

Or the SSR Competition, MMMmmmmmm:
ssr_competition_ci3_l.jpg

fmnb05.jpg

Last edited:
ya, SSR gramlights are cheeeeeeapp......

oh wait... :p I was thinking of picking up a set for my miata, but, let's see: ~230 x 4 = 920, + tires, vs $400 for used 13# 15x7 ATS Complites w/ Azenis RT215s w/ good tread left. Can you guess which I picked? :p

Back