Remote Start

Has anyone attempted to install the remote starter ? The kit retails between 250 and 300, my dealer wants $652 installed !?! Is this something for a DIY'er?

TYPICALLY, no.

There is a lot of wiring you must do in order to have it work properly. I wouldnt recommend installing unless you have experience with automotive electronics installs. You have to wire the hood, brake pedal, starter, program to accept the key chip (and allow start), run the long-range antenna, etc. etc....

If theyre charging you that much, why not check out electronics installers? Such as Circuit City, etc? CCity should be about 150 installed or similiar which would be cheaper. Just make sure they will be able to install Mazda OEM starter first, which shouldnt be a problem.

Just a thought!

Sean

It looks as though this thread has long since been forgotten, but...

I'd say a intermediate level or higher DIY'er could do the remote start install. Over the years I've installed many sets of fog lights, a few car stereos, and numerous other goodies and after looking at the instructions, it doesn't look all that intimidating to me.

The instructions can be found on Finish Line Performance's website (along with many other factory part instructions): http://www.finishlineperformance.com/instructions/cx7/

I did a Google search for the remote start part number (0000-8F-M06) and found them on that site. I hope the guys over at FLP don't mind me sharing! (peep)

Back