2007 Mazda 3 Sirius and Factory Aux Input

blaine

:
2007 Mazda3
I got a 2007 Mazda3 a few weeks ago. The factory installed Aux input worked fine and I used the Media button on the dash to switch to it. I then had Sirius installed and now it does not work. I have read that having iPod integration does not work with Sirius but I have not seen anything say that I shouldn't be able to have Sirius radio and the factory installed Aux input. I asked the dealer that installed it and they said they would get back to me about it.

I was hoping that someone else has run into this and can tell me if the dealer messed or if there is a way to get both to work.

The dealer didn't mess anything up. The sirius, phatbox, ipod adapter, and the ACI (Auxillary console Input) use the same jack on the back of the HU. Mazda sells a switchbox that allows you to plug the ACI, and one of the other inputs into it at the same time. Then you access the method the same way you normally would (e.g. MEDIA for ACI, SAT for sirius, CD twice for phatbox/ipod).

The switchbox will not let you plug two of the sirius/phatbox/ipod into it. One of the plugs will only work with the ACI.

The part number is TD13-79-CFZ and it costs roughly $119.00

Thanks for the response.

I finally got the same answer back from the dealer, after I called Mazda directly and asked them and told the dealer what needed to be done. The dealer messed up only by not knowing how the system worked. They never told me anything about the Aux not working and didn't know the answer when I asked them if it was supposed to work. Luckily they're giving me some discounts on both the Sirius and the switchbox install. Hopefully all goes well tomorrow when I get the switchbox installed.

ipod and sirus connection

blaine said:
Thanks for the response.

I finally got the same answer back from the dealer, after I called Mazda directly and asked them and told the dealer what needed to be done. The dealer messed up only by not knowing how the system worked. They never told me anything about the Aux not working and didn't know the answer when I asked them if it was supposed to work. Luckily they're giving me some discounts on both the Sirius and the switchbox install. Hopefully all goes well tomorrow when I get the switchbox installed.

ipod and sirus connection problem

Just purchased a mazdaspeed 3 last night and the dealer had the same problem as you they said the were going to order the splitter for me which should solve the problem. How did your's come out? Any noise or distortion on the ipod or sirus after the splitter?

JL504 said:
Just purchased a mazdaspeed 3 last night and the dealer had the same problem as you they said the were going to order the splitter for me which should solve the problem. How did your's come out? Any noise or distortion on the ipod or sirus after the splitter?

Every thing worked great after getting the switch box installed.

So if i'm getting Sirius installed this weekend but don't use an ipod or anything else it should work fine with no splitter right? I hope so cuz the dealer I bought the car from is 2 1/2 hours away.

Vermilion said:
So if i'm getting Sirius installed this weekend but don't use an ipod or anything else it should work fine with no splitter right? I hope so cuz the dealer I bought the car from is 2 1/2 hours away.

Yes the sirius will work just fine. without the splitter the ACI won't work at all though.

ive heard similar cases where the aci had compatibility problems with the said splitter. cant find a direct solution though.

That's the first I've heard of the switchbox not working with the ACI since it was introduced more than three years ago. It's designed for one thing and one thing only.... to plug the ACI and something else into the HU at the same time.

Sorry to revived this thread guys, just stumbled on while while searching. I have a 2007 6i with non bose, 6 cd changer. No sat, no aux input... Before I spend the money I just want to review and get clarification if you don't mind.

I have sat button and Media Button.

I want sat and media both..

So, if I buy the aux input module(or will this work with the Ipod integration module instead?), Sirrus module, and the switch box everything will function?

ie, hit Sat button for sirrus, hit media button for iphone/mp3/etc..?

Thanks for advice and clarity!

p.s. I've been wanting this for a long time, just haven't found the right solution yet.. until now perhaps.

Shaun

Last edited:
Sorry to revived this thread guys, just stumbled on while while searching. I have a 2007 6i with non bose, 6 cd changer. No sat, no aux input... Before I spend the money I just want to review and get clarification if you don't mind.

I have sat button and Media Button.

I want sat and media both..

So, if I buy the aux input module(or will this work with the Ipod integration module instead?), Sirrus module, and the switch box everything will function?

ie, hit Sat button for sirrus, hit media button for iphone/mp3/etc..?

Thanks for advice and clarity!

p.s. I've been wanting this for a long time, just haven't found the right solution yet.. until now perhaps.

Shaun

Assuming it's the same as the 3 then........ If your car didn't come with the factory audio input then you can't really add it...... well you could but it would be like $400 in parts.

I believe most all of the input modules for the Mz3 work on the 6 as well. Assuming the inputs are the same then most all of them will use the same port as the OEM sirius module so they'd be mutually exclusive. You could get an ipod module which has a 3.5mm input and plug an aftermarket sirius unit into it. Alternately if you went XM you could install an Axxess module which has both ipod and XM.

Back