Adhesive

TreFlip999

Contributor
Potential Scammer!
:
2003 Yellow Beast
I dont know if you can see it on my bumper in my sig but theres a tiny strip of crap where a sticker had been...im trying to figure out something to remove it without jackin up the paint, i looked at goo gone but it says may damage automotive paint....any suggestions? thanks

rubbing alcohol

i dont thinkit does any damage to the clear coat or anything, i used it on my car to remove some residue, and i didnt notice anything

try Goo Gone on the paint in a hidden spot and see how it does?

You could use a light rubbing compound or scratch remover/polish and see how that does. Just go easy with it. Or soak it with soapy water for a while and try washing it off after it's soaked with your wash mitt/sponge.

Meguiars Scratch X is good for getting that stuff off. I used it when I took my side strips off my P5, and had the glue residue left on the panel.

iLisa said:
try Goo Gone on the paint in a hidden spot and see how it does?
^^^ I just used some of this recently on the rear badge adhesive. No drama. Works great. I'd still use a little polish then wax/sealant over the area after you're done.

thansk everyone, i solved it and got the crap off with some rubbing alcohol, no damage

Latest posts

Back