remote start problems

shrexster

:
CX-7
I've had an issue with my remote start since I started using it a couple of weeks ago.

2 clicks, car turns on. 3 seconds later the alarm goes off and I have to click again.

I took it to the dealer and they haven't been able to figure out what was wrong for 2 days. Last night they called and said they had it working. Today they called and said there is a fried circuit and they have to replace it. I was wondering if anyone had this issue with their remote start; I'm not sure if the Dealer is BSign me or if it happened the way they said it did.

*CX-7 GT, Tech Package & Remote start*

If it's covered under warranty - then they can BS all they want, but you observed an "issue"... they acknowledged it... attempted to fix it... discovered a potential cause... repaired "that"... and you didn't have to pay.

They could say the Keebler Elves jammed graham crackers in your fuse-box for all you care, as long as it's fixed and cost you nothing... right?

:)

CX7_Scott said:
If it's covered under warranty - then they can BS all they want, but you observed an "issue"... they acknowledged it... attempted to fix it... discovered a potential cause... repaired "that"... and you didn't have to pay.

They could say the Keebler Elves jammed graham crackers in your fuse-box for all you care, as long as it's fixed and cost you nothing... right?

:)

Good point, I really don't care since it's under warranty. I'm only concerned because the first day they told me they found some extra wires. It's a little concerning when someone is poking around and removes "extra wires" and shortly after says something is fried.

I wish the alarm going off was a feature I could turn on and off. I use it at work from my office and it would be nice to hear the alarm just so I know it worked.

Hi shrexster

I had exactly the same problem with the alarm and remote start and it turned out to be a faulty remote start module.

The dealer had to spend a good amount of time on the phone with Mazda Tech to get it all sorted.

Good luck! :)

NorthernGit said:
Hi shrexster

I had exactly the same problem with the alarm and remote start and it turned out to be a faulty remote start module.

The dealer had to spend a good amount of time on the phone with Mazda Tech to get it all sorted.

Good luck! :)

Went to the dealer last night, they asked me to bring in the spare key fob.
They guy said that the Mazda Tech guys have no clue what to do, they even replaced the remote start module with a new one.

Hopefully I'll have an update by the end of the day, but they are closed on weekends, so I'm getting a little annoyed about the whole thing (this is day 4). (pissed)

mixmasterlove said:
I had the problem on my 6...ended up being wired wrong...go directly to dealer AND DON"T pay $200.00.

I'm not paying a cent, actually they are being extra nice to me probably thinking I'll give them future business.

I have PA plates, but I'm in Michigan so I'm surprised they didn't give me any problems or come up with some mierda fee to charge me.

shrexster said:
I'm not paying a cent, actually they are being extra nice to me probably thinking I'll give them future business.

I have PA plates, but I'm in Michigan so I'm surprised they didn't give me any problems or come up with some mierda fee to charge me.

Hi Shrexster,

If your dealer is still having problems get them to call Quirk Mazda in Quincy, MA. They're the folks that I got mine working with and I'd hope they'd help out a fellow dealer! lol.

Good luck mate!

Read my post here.

Basically, whoever did your remote-start install has to get the alarm disarming properly. It took the audio techs a little while to figure out, but they did get it working correctly. On my remote (with advanced keyless entry/ignition) I have to hit the lock button 3 times... the system disarms, unlocks the doors, starts engine, and then relocks the doors (all in about 4-5 seconds). Then when I approach the car everything else functions exactly as it should.

The ONLY problem with using the advanced keyless factory-remotes is that your range won't be quite as long. I haven't tested it out yet to see just how far away they will work... but I also got additional remote-start remotes that I can use instead.

Back