Parking Light Help

Armyguy1104

:
06 MS6 GT
Alright I've searched over this entire forum for the posts twice over that someone had gotten the PIAA 194's and had instructions on how to install them. Either I am blind or the post was deleted. Can anyone explain to me on how to install these leds and our shoot me a link to the posts if they are still on the forum. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

i just put in some w6-led's in my speed6. It wasn't too hard.

I tried 2 different kinds of light from superbrightleds.com
fit fine:
wled-x6.jpg

didn't fit:
wled-x5.jpg

There is a cover on the back of the light assembly. You push the top tab down and the top comes out then you lift the cover out of place. To install the lights is very easy you just pull ouut the light housing, pull out the light and put the new one in. Pop the light housing back in place, it actually clicks into place, and replace the rear cover.

Easy as pie, except you have to have some pretty nimble fingers like me, or take off the air box to get to the left side cover. I didn't have to take off the airbox, but it was a lisght PITS to work in the confined area, the cover would't actually lift out so you have to pull the parking light housing out through like a 1/2" opening....

I can probably take some pics even if you want. The swap didn't take longer than 10 minutes.

I don't know if I'm going to keep the w6-led's in there or not. The beam pattent is much narrower with the led 194's, and it doesn't do a good job of lighting the entire bezel like the an incandescent bulb. I also also tried to fit some 194's with side lights (w5led wide) more spread beam, but the diameter was to big to fit into the hole.

Last edited:
Thanks I appreciate the help. Finally got it yesterday after I fit my hand in there. Only problem now is me being a moron and fiddling around with it i managed to knock loose the brights bulb...now its aimed all funny and couldnt figure out how to lock it back in place. I will just have to ask the dealership to put it back next time im in...luckily I dont really need them. Any how now I wanna change the turn signal bulbs so they dont look amber...I know there are the ones that have a blue tint to them but still flash amber when lit.

Back