What is the part called?

Ryoga28

Just purchased a bored throttle body on ebay from Paul and it was missing a sensor.

I don't have my camera, but I found a pic online and circled the part.

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 124
Ryoga28 said:
Btw, are there any TPS that can be used from other mazda cars?

I can't answer that and I don't know of anyone who has ever taken a Multi meter to the sensors.

They are a potentiometer (Dimmer Switch).

As they sweep they alter the voltage output from low to high. The ECU uses this change to determine what you are trying to do with the car and how it should behave..

If you swap out the sensor for one that fits.... but has a diferent sweep voltage, then the ECU will get all the wrong signals or even be Over-Volted..

I took the original TB's sensor and installed it on the new TB...

I checked the original ebay listing by Paul and although he didn't mention that it was missing the TPS, he did say I'm bidding for what was shown in the pic...

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

and yes, I paid a total of $115 with shipping for a throttle body that is missing a $80 part.

Thanks Brian. I guess I can't sell my stock TB without a TPS...

I've email Paul asking him about the TPS. Hopefully he has it laying around somewhere.

That sucks but I don't think you can really complain... It was sold as is...

Why did you swap it to begin with??

Ryoga28 said:
Thanks Brian. I guess I can't sell my stock TB without a TPS...

I've email Paul asking him about the TPS. Hopefully he has it laying around somewhere.

Roger that...

Did you look for just the TPS on E-Bay..

If you pind one. Have a very very hard look at it to make sure it's the correct one..

These cars are very numerous and share platforms with several Ford cars as well. People list parts with both mazda and ford in the title because they think the parts are universal... But Mazda might use a completely diferent ECU that is expecting a diferent voltage...

Ryoga28 said:
It was a spur of the moment purchase...and I thought it was ported by blkzoomzoom, but it wasn't.

Here was the original thread that lead me to believe that it was blkzoomzoom's work http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123640608&highlight=throttle+body ). It turned out only the IM was and the throttle body was ported by another company.

Can't complain. It was my fault for not noticing. At worst, the new TB doesn't hurt performance wise.

"A ported TB is not as important as porting the Intake System..."

Something We discussed on the Cobalt SS/SC Forum...

The larger TB will be a performace adder but at the cost of drivability.

IMO, working the intake manifold and air flow path would net you a much better return,

The Big Bore TB is really the last step of a polish job.

The theory here is why make a larger hole, if the flow still sucks..

The stock one is fairly easy to do as well because it comes appart.

When it's open you can take all that crap out of it (Flaps)..

Or get it Extrudehoned $$$

Hey guys, I have been slowly workin on my 626 mani.
It's loud to work on and I am not good at it.
I would presume that the extrude hone would cost more than the mani.

Crazee D said:
Hey guys, I have been slowly workin on my 626 mani.
It's loud to work on and I am not good at it.
I would presume that the extrude hone would cost more than the mani.

Yes... and try to find a dealer..

Back