The P5 went into the dealer today

Lt. Dan

I shoot fire.
:
1985 Mazda RX7
So far, it's been a pretty enjoyable experience owning my P5... It's only been to the dealer for warranty work twice in 48K miles... The first time was for an intermittent stalling condtition, and then for the Intake manifold recall.... Well, today was for the third...

After the recall, the car only got use around the city for the last few months.... We went to take it on a 2 hour trip over the weekend, and tried to engage the cruise control... It just started accelerating!! Well, that was a little disconcerting... Pulled over, and popped the hood.. Couldn't find anything out of place, but I was disappointed in what I found in regards to the work from the recall... Hose clamps missing, zip ties cut and not replaced, etc....

So, they gave us a Ford Focus to drive around in, said they'd track down the problem with the cruise control, and have the shop Foreman double check the work done during the recall....

Dan

i don't trust them as much as rosenthal arlington, like what you saw on your p5, their workmanship leaves a bit to be desired. i had both my protege and the FC serviced by them, and both times i had to take the car back to them so they can actually 'finish up' the jobs (missing screw for headliner, missing coolant catch can cap, coolant light came on on the FC because they didn't bleed out all the air from the system :eek: )

Lt. Dan said:
Don't say that, now I'm gonna get all worried!

just make sure when you go pick up the car you check EVERYTHING right on the spot, and if something looks wrong, tell them to correct it right away :p

Back