Whoops

MiaTurbo said:
cool deal :)

BTW, a trick to keeping hoses on is to spray some hairspray on the end of the hose and clamp it on while the spray is still tacky ;)

I was thinking about this not too long ago. Years back when I was into offroad biking, I would use hairspray to fit new handle grips to the handle bar. They'd slide on easy, and never come off once the hair spray dried.

Here are some new shots:
Kev & I w/the GRMiatas:
DSCF0082.jpg

RatsBack CF HL cover w/duct:
CIMG1722.jpg

Phil's DIY ECU cover:
CIMG1726.jpg

Prosport Boost gauge (ignore the misc. wires...I'm going to make a new mount):
CIMG1728.jpg

30 sec clip of the prosport opening ceremony and its actions under load:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTIRnek6zbM
(ughdance)

lookin good! Now go take another vid, and actually get some boost so we can hear that BOV!

aMaff said:
lookin good! Now go take another vid, and actually get some boost so we can hear that BOV!
I'll do a nice driving clip tomorrow...pending the weather of course.

Roll Bar Installed!

Well...due to the fact that the car was already gutted and I was military (10% discount)...I had the Kirk Racing 4-pt roll bar purchased & installed for $392.40...after 2x checking the receipt he took 10% off the bar AND the labor.
I would HIGHLY recommend someone wanting a really sweet bolt in bar to purchase one from KR Products.

Andrew...I already told him you were interested and that you would be calling him sometime soon....also...I got the bolted in roll bar..not the welded one (we discussed this on AIM the other day).

Also...Mark (the owner) has 2 full race rx7's...no pics...my bad....that he is planning to sell. He's making the jump from Mazda to BMW.

Anywho...here are some pictures (I'll have better ones this week!):
Ignore my old bike race helmet (the only one I have in my possesion Andrew)...it def clears 2 inches...so SCCA legal :)
The dude thinking "Oh s***...cool bar..." is my Dad.
(poke)
CIMG1732.jpg

CIMG1740.jpg

CIMG1739.jpg

CIMG1736.jpg

CIMG1738.jpg

Last edited:
That's a very nice bar. I may have to look into one sometime this year.

I wish I could say the same for the helmet.

kcbhiw said:
That's a very nice bar. I may have to look into one sometime this year.

I wish I could say the same for the helmet.

Ha ha...protection is protection foo'!!

Yes..it's quite nice mang!

Decided to try covering the top section around the center a/c vents and run the prosport boost gauge through the left vent. Here are the pics:
CIMG0004.jpg

CIMG0007.jpg

What's that ricey looking CF thing on your e-brake handle? ;)

More, more, MORE!

Well...it's raining here and I had to get some stuff out on the street...so I put the top up. Since I had the top up, figured I'd snap a few of what the bar looks like when covered up. I've pretty much finished the center panel pieces. It looks good, but I'm considering doing it over yet again....more sanding and more paint. But, for now (til it ships at least)...it's good.
I also made a template if anyone is interested. (ughdance)
From the front:
CIMG0010.jpg

Inside:
CIMG0009-1.jpg

From the rear:
CIMG0002.jpg

Center panel:
CIMG0006.jpg

I'm in need of a small MAZDA decal...anyone have any they wanna donate?

So..it's my 1st day here in Turkey...won't have my car til next month, had a wonderful day out w/a wonderful chic & need less to say I'm happy. Of course I haven't started working yet...haha. Looks like I will be buying ALL (most of at least) my clothes online & shipping them....the prices here are ridiculous! I stopped at the Timberland store...$150 for $70 Tims...I can actually MAKE money here if I wanted to...haha. Anyway...since this is a car forum...you know I was searching for random stuff...and I found this:
HPIM0020-1.jpg

HPIM0018.jpg

Just across the street from my hotel...I mean...I was floored! 13" wheels...that will look hella cool on the turboyata. The guy didn't speak English well...When I get my turkish delight to get the "turkish" price...I will let you guys know what's up.

Back